Terri Schiavo Dead at 41
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy Terri Schiavo Dead at 41

Terri Schiavo Dead at 41

(CNSNews.com) - After 14 days without food or water, Terri Schiavo died around 9:55 Thursday morning - hours after her parents issued an emotional plea to be at her hospice bedside in her final moments of life. Terri's husband and legal guardian, Michael Schiavo, denied the Schindler family's final request. "Bobby, Suzanne, Mary and Bob are in there now at Teri's bedside. They were denied access at the moment of her death," said a family spokesman. It was one of many requests denied the family in a two-week flurry of legal motions, all aimed at keeping Terri alive. The case has galvanized national debate about end-of-life issues and constitutional issues involving the legislative and judicial branches. The Schindler family will make a statement later today, Brother Paul O'Donnell told a somber crowd gathered outside the hospice.

Ellie

She is in a better place

Rest In Peace

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    While my heart mourns with her parents at their loss, I also mourn over how this whole thing had been turned into a media 'FEEDING FRENZY'.

Just another case of how the legal system gets used for 'Personal Satisfaction'.

'... for this reason shall a man and woman leave their parents, and cleave together as one...' (paraphrased)

They were married, Michael was her husband, and the final decision should have been his, and his alone.

But, that's just my opinion.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Terry Schiavo

How can you sit there and say it is the Husbands choice when he gave up his husband rights along time ago, by 2 kids and a common-law wife. It was all about the money. And to refuse to have the parents with their daughter at the end of her life his down right cruel and vengeful. Wake up! Marine! It is not about wether you want to live like that or I want to live like that, its about starving someone to death that is handicap.

Re: Terry Schiavo

Originally posted by jgorosco
    How can you sit there and say it is the Husbands choice when he gave up his husband rights along time ago, by 2 kids and a common-law wife. It was all about the money. And to refuse to have the parents with their daughter at the end of her life his down right cruel and vengeful. Wake up! Marine! It is not about wether you want to live like that or I want to live like that, its about starving someone to death that is handicap.
    He did not give up his "husband rights" 15 years ago. He stayed married to Terri and lovingly tended to her well being for all these years. Many have attested to his selfless care of Terri since 1990. He was not legally seperated or divorced from Terri. His new life with his common-law partner and 2 children is the least we can expect a loving human being to persue. His common-law partner accepted his 15 year dedication to Terri.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    How can you sit there and say he was selflessly dedicated for 15yrs. When after 7yrs, once he received the money that he was suing over malpractice, he all of a sudden remembered a comment she made 10yrs ago. Give me a break. If he loved her so much why didn't order test done when he accused hospice people of giving her the broken bones and not him. You need to know the whole story and not bits and pieces, SGT!!

Over these past weeks I have heard a few medical "experts" claim that, with certain proceedures or therapies Terri could lead a fairly normal life. One claimed this saying she would just experience some "arm weakness".
    I ask you. Why in the 11th hour are some making these claims ?. 15 years and you'd think Terri just lay there without Michael or Terri's family exausting these avenues.
    Additionally, I have witnessed the media & it's puppets giving information that gives little emphasis on the first 5 years or so after Terri's cardiac arrest. Of the efforts made to get Terri back to normal during that time period. You'd think that her husband threw his arms up in defeat after a day or so.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I understand Michael might have loved his wife or showed he loved his wife when she first became brain dead, he became an RN he was there for her all the way up to the time he received his loot. Now I ask you does that seem a little odd to any one. And yes I agree with you on the media. But think about this, you have a child, GOD FORBID, she is in Terri's predicament and you wont her to live because you see life in her eyes but the husband wants her to die, wouldn't you exhaust every effort necessary to save your child's life. ie. getting doctors to come forward. Try to think about it that way. Believe me please! I am not trying to wish these on you one bit.

Originally posted by jgorosco
    How can you sit there and say he was selflessly dedicated for 15yrs. When after 7yrs, once he received the money that he was suing over malpractice, he all of a sudden remembered a comment she made 10yrs ago. Give me a break. If he loved her so much why didn't order test done when he accused hospice people of giving her the broken bones and not him. You need to know the whole story and not bits and pieces, SGT!!
    I can "sit here" just as easily as you and say.....

There are so many "truths" in this case.
    You have chosen yours and I have chosen mine.
    Unless you and I (and the rest of the country) were there and witnessed the facts first hand we are ALL subject to inaccuracies.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    So what you are saying if you weren't there it didn't happen, or some it may or may not be true. So what the facts of Michaels actions and Terri's parents are all false or inaccurate accounts.

The Guy Should have gave her up to her Mother and Father

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I agree Sostand. They were willing to let him have the money.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    jgorosco;

I was NOT addressing the MORAL issue or implications of the situation. I was addressing the LEGAL issue, and the media circus that ensued.

They WERE still married. That makes it HIS decision. Not mine, yours, or the courts.

As far as any wrong doing (if any)... where was the media, and lawsuits, and petitions (etc...) THEN ??
    I don't know all the facts, I don't think ANYBODY in this forum knows ALL the facts.

I was stating my opinion, as are others in this thread.

How about RESPECTING others opinions, instead of simply trying to shove your version of the truth down their throats ??

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I wasnt trying to shove anything down anybody's throat. I was telling you my opion along with actual facts. You can even view the court transcript back 7-9yrs ago when all this happened. The media was there the whole time ever since Michael Schiavo decided to kill her. There was 20/20, Dateline, 60 minutes, and numerous other media, but its not about the media right because I dont agree with alot of their bias reporting. Like I said before know what you are talking about before you say let her die because I wouldn't want to live like that. And have you seen actual real live people dieing from starvation. I have and it is not a pretty sight. I wouldn't want to die like that.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Also how can you say they were still married. What do you think would happen if you had 2 kids and a common law wife, and your seperated wife was in a wreck on the way to a court house for seperation and went into a common. Would you still have a right to take her off the machines?

May she now Rest In Peace........

Thread Information