memorial k-bar
Create Post

Thread: memorial k-bar

memorial k-bar

I was hoping someone out there can help me. My uncle is a navy Seabee returning home from Fallujah, Iraq. I wanted to get him a Memorial Kbar that was engraved with "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and the dates that he was there. However, I can't seem to find one. Any help would be awesome.

Semper Fidelis

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good News!
    Try http://www.knifecenter.com/knifecenter/kbar/indexhtml
    I looked the site up and lo and behold..on the leftside of the page (scroll down towards the bottom of the page) you will see Operation Iraqi Freedom K-Bar engraved an all. I didn't click on the blade because I wanted to forward this info to you ASAP.
    Good luck.
    Gary

If you just search for Knifecenter and once you've found that website, go to the search box (upper left hand corner of page) and type in Ka-Bar. Click "GO" and the Ka-Bar page will open up.

Credits
    Savings

Operation Iraqi Freedom Ka-Bar

I plucked this image off of the Knifecenter website.

Last edited by Osotogary; 03-07-06 at 10:45 PM.

Great! Thanks Ostogary, your help is much appreciated!

Careful Robo, you know the great skill of Osotogary. He may have drawn that!

Credits
    Savings
    GSO-
    You ought to check out that website. I didn't know that there were so many different styles of knife made by Ka-Bar, especially the fighting knives.

Gary---Thanks, but I know my knives---lol---was a member of the Knife Makers Guild. My work is all over the world and even made the front cover once. But then, custom made knives are another story.

Credits
    Savings
    WOW! Perhaps you could you could provide some guidance? What is that best all-purpose survival type knife available for the every-so-often camper/hiker. A knife that is not only multi-purpose but sturdy, durable and can take all kinds of mis-handling. A knife that can be used by either expert or novice.
    Oh, it's got to be moderately priced.
    Thanks

LOL,

I and many others have found the 3" drop point hunter blade to be the best all around carry. No matter the task, it's a good choice to do most all.

I failed to say that a "strong" lockback is important. It should be the same width as the blade. Don't go cheap when buying a knife and understand what you want and need. Also, it should be an easy carry so that it is always with you. A really good knife will last a lifetime.

I hope that helped.

(3" drop point refers to the blade design)

Thread Information