Court Martial at PI
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Court Martial at PI

http://www.lowcountrynow.com/stories...tmartial.shtml

When I was at PI, this happened to me. Not that I complained, but I was forced to write a statement as to what happened to me when I was in the Charleston Airport. I got a phone call the other day from PI. They are flying me down there as a witness in the court martial. This sucks, because it seems like Im being forced to rat out a Drill Instructor. Oh well. Any advice for when I go down? Ive never had to be in a Court Martial before.

-PFC Miller

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    You are always accountable for what you do. Especially if you put your signature to it. This applies to all of life, not just Our Corps.

You signed a statement, just go tell the truth, or it might be your *ss in a sling.

Registered User Free Member Danny Jones's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I can understand your apprehension- I am a reitred 1stSgt- spent 3years on the drill field- 2nd Bn & out at Special Training Branch-when they still had motivation - all Drill Instructors know what they are allowed to do and what they are not supposed to do. The Corporal that gave you advise to tell the truth is very smart- integrity is in my opinion the most important leadership trait-

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Unhappy Tell The Truth, Marine

I'm curious...since this DI is being run up; just what are the charges against him??

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Listen to these wise Marines brother they are giving you the right advise. It wont be easy for you but it will be right. I wish you the best Pfc. Miller.

Semper Fi
    Jim

They're dumba**ed recruits. How would they know what was excessive?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't think the matter was that it was "excessive," it was that it happened at all- DIs are NOT supposed to IT recruits before they're done with in-processing, in case there are medical issues. What happened was that they got smokechecked, showed up on the island, and then when the docs got to them the next day, they realized that they were jacked up (dehydrated, unusually weak, pulse/heart rate all jacked up), and then asked them what happened.

hoytarcher45

In my day we had a term we lived by. It was called Loyalty.

Enough said.

rich

James F. Owings
    Guest Free Member
    Ok son... Several things. First, be glad that you are not being asked to testify as a recruit. During my time in Graduate Casual after boot camp I was used as senior chaser and legal clerk... I know what I am talking about...

Second... As you were advised here earlier... tell the truth... it is your duty. It may be that the prosecution will only ask you for negative information... but be assured that the defense will definitely ask you about anything positive.

Third... Back in 1968, just about the first thing that they did to us at MCRD San Diego on our first full day was to run us through a complete physical. It was my third... I had one at AFEES when I went on the 120 day delay program and another on the day that I went in... but the Corps had learned the hard way that people with conditions such as heart disease had (for one reason or another) been checked off as sound.

Having recruits die of such things brought massive Congressional heat on the Corps. Thus the fine screen physical... and *no* PT or other strenuous activity until the medical department issued a clean bill of health.

Peace is always at the mercy of fools and the Corps is always at the mercy of a single bad apple D.I. (see Ribbon Creek) who "tapes open the circuit breakers" re safety... If the action happened as reported then the D.I. put the whole Corps at risk... not just the young men present.

This situation is not of your making. Do your duty and let more experienced people decide where the truth lies.

---Jim---

Do nothing other than tell the truth Marine thats what needs to happen...

Registered User Free Member Wyndwalkr's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation

Really not enough information to make a decision as to circumstances you experienced.. Tell as close to the truth what you saw, how you saw it happen.. Police will tell yopu eye witness's are not good ones after One year..

Thanks for the advice Marines. I'm now confident as to what I have to do. I just hope I can remember everything that happened. This was back in June. I'll post back and let everyone know how it went. And I though I'd never go back to that godforsaken island. Semper Fi.

Registered User Free Member BUDMAN's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    About the only thing that I can say is that integrity goes a long way in the Corps and in life. If you don't have integrity you dont have anything.

Registered User Free Member Lock-n-Load's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Question HEY!!

Before this Thread goes dormant...what are the charges and specifications lodged against this DI??...he's been run up...for what??

He is charged with 30 violations of Article 92 -- failure to obey an order or regulation -- and 15 violations of Article 93 -- cruelty and maltreatment -- under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Thread Information