ASVAB SCORES
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASVAB SCORES

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

ASVAB SCORES

Just wondering, just to compare. What did everyone got on the ASVAB. I got an 88 wich my liason said "was a ****ing Great Score". Aparently 45 is about average. and i believe 30 is passing. please correct me if i am ill informed

Credits
    Savings
    I got a 95. And I still didn't get the MOS I would have preffered.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Congratulations On The Score

semerfidelis20

That is a kick @ss score you got there poolee, ya must be a southern boy with those kinda smarts I reckon you will go a long way in my Marine Corps. God bless you and thank you for having the guts to serve your country in the time of her need.

You will soon make me proud.
    Jimmy

deviousfred, what MOS where you wanting? a 95 should quallify you for just about any job there is.( if i remember right anyway)

Credits
    Savings
    First time, I got a 54. My brother got 66, didn't like him bragging, so I bought a book, retook the test, got an 82. Haha, who's bragging now. It may not be as good as yours, but hey, I'm better than most.

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by HardJedi
    deviousfred, what MOS where you wanting? a 95 should quallify you for just about any job there is.( if i remember right anyway)
    I wanted Intel but was told that MOS would not be available until September. My second choice was Avionics and that's what I got.

But I figure if I don't like this after two years I'll go with the MOS I prefer at heart..... Infantry. Long story behind why I didn't pick this the first time.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Swing with the Wing! Good choice, Macias.

yup, the 02xx field is very small, and thus promotions are long in coming, (at least it was in the '80s). After Boot Camp and Avionics Training, you can still take the 02xx Marine Corps Institute courses. I took it a learned quite a bit.

i also got a 95 on the ASVAB and i'm also going into avionics. wow deviousfred, when do you ship?

Credits
    Savings
    MONDAY!!!!! Tomorrow is my last "civilian day" March 7th it begins and June 3rd I WILL be a United States Marine!!!!!

Hey there fred, what are you doing online if you are shipping so soon? Shouldn't you be out enjoying your last moments of freedom? Believe me, when you are in week 7 and hating life, you will want to be able to look back on all the fun you had right before boot camp. I know at least I did.

Credits
    Savings
    I just got back from dinner with some friends. Spent like $150 on dinner. Unfortunately I have to go to a stupid wedding with my girlfriend.

Never call going anywhere with your girlfriend stupid, because when you do stupid stuff for her, 99% of the time you usually get rewarded. I hope you are getting what I'm trying to tell you. Oh yeah, make sure you get a lot of that before you leave, becuase 13 weeks is a long time my friend. Good luck in recruit training. I want to see pictures of graduation when you get back and are an actual marine. Semper Fi

Credits
    Savings
    will do Sgt!!!

I got a 72, I don't think its that good due to the fact that I need a 74 to qualify for OCS. But I heard that once you are in the Marine Corps you can take it again...? not quite sure though.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I don''t know these days, do the recruiters show you which sections that you scored the lowest in?

That can give you an edge in preparing for the re-test, theoretically. I truly don't know.

If you aced the Language Battery, why spend 20 hours on MarkTwain when you scored low on Basic Algebra?

Thread Information