Recognizing The Corps Future
Create Post
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up Recognizing The Corps Future

As I approach my third year as a member here the thought has occurred to me that I have seen some wannabes become poolees and poolees evolve into United States Marines. I reckon that I, up until now I just looked at that this as business as usual but I have also noticed some very significant differences from the boots of my day and those that are earning the title today. This has been rather thought provoking to me as well, whats the difference I had Vietnam, they have Iraq and Afganistan, I had jungle cammies they have digital BDU's, I had PFT they have the cruscible and on and on. I believe that the difference is the fact that these fine examples of Americas best and brightest are indeed better educated, better trained and more able to adapt to the new challenges of terrorism that face our nation and the world for one thing. I guess that the fact that I watched "the Making Of A Marine" last week has provoked me to conduct this more throrough evaluation.

I know that I cannot be the only older Marine to have noticed these things and I would certainly like to hear the thoughts of others in this matter. Who can forget the evolutions of Marines like Pfc. Lake, Pfc. Seeley and LCpl. LivinSoFree as they evolved into highly motivated and polished United States Marines just to mention a few.

My sincere thanks and gratitude to all of you fine young wannabes, poolees and men and women that have chosen to earn the title of the few and finest to serve and give back to your country. I am confident that our Corps will continue to carry out our nations policy's for many generations to come and in the hightest traditions that we are known for, and expected of us by the world.

You Represent Our Nations Finest
    May God Bless You All

Jim - One Proud Marine

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Smile

Sir...that was touching.

warpig........whats up with your profile

It asks are you a Marine..........your ans.....no

where did you attend boot camp your ans....PI

and yet.....your a poolee.......?????????????

Jim...............good thread...........thanks.......SEMPER-FI

Jinelson, sir, we, poolee's and wannabe's, wouldn't be here, if it wasn't for great men and women who sacrificed so much in the name of freedom. I am willing to do the same. I can't wait to be a Marine.

Thank you so much.

Thread Information