This has been on my mind
Create Post

This has been on my mind

I once watched a movie or was it a documentary. I really dont remember, but I do remember hearing this Marine saying, now dont quote me but it sounded like something to the effect, "There are two kinds of people staying on this beach, the dead and those about to die, lets get the hell out of here, get up, move that way!" The Marine then ponts inland. The Marines had hit a beach in WWII, they were pinned down on a beach and taking alot of fire, like I said I dont remeber if it was a movie or not. If you can help me figure it out, let me know.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Sucess! It was from "The Longest Day" (1962) by the character Brigadier General Norman Cota (Robert Mitchum) according to this Intenet Movie Database (IMDb) page.

I did find that quote based on fact. Several sources point to Col. George A Taylor (16th Infantry) Big Red One Division with actually saying that phrase, ""There are two kinds of people staying on this beach - the dead and those who are going to die. Now let's get the hell out of here!"

It was on D-Day Omaha Beach.

hey thanks yellowwing, i guess my memory has failed me. I was under the immpression that it was a Marine movie or documentary. You have put my mind at ease. Still a pretty kick ass quote.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey, I got a lot of practice looking up sh!t I don't know!

that is a pretty awsome quote. Now I am gonna have to go and get that movie, just so I can here that guy say it

Thread Information