Fallujah Marine Update
Create Post
    Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Fallujah Marine Update

NEWS FLASH

(From CBS Evening News 2/23/2005)

CBS News has learned military investigators are not going to charge a Marine who shot and killed a wounded, unarmed Iraqi in Fallujah last Nov.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/...in676101.shtml

From the CBS web page:

The good news:
    CBS News has learned that military investigators conclude there is not enough evidence to formally charge that Marine.

The WTF part:
    It's now up to Marine commanders to decide what, if any internal action to take against the Marine.

IMHO (and apparently many others) leave this Marine alone, return him to full duty, and let him do the job he has been trained to do, and has apparently done well. PERIOD !!

(EDIT)

Incidentally, I have searched other news sources (MSNBC, FOX, ABC, Etc.) and have found no other reports in referance to this. Don't understand that. They sure all covered the incident when it happened.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Freakin' A Skippy!

well, if the military in general is not gonna prosecute the kid, I doubt if the Marine Corps is gonna do it.

Bout TIME they got SOMETHING right!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I remember the research I did when it first happened. Only the press from Canada, UK, and Australia, mentioned that the insurgents had recently adopted tactics of 'playing-possum' and rigging dead bodies.

Let's see how this is received.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    It's now up to Marine commanders to decide what, if any internal action to take against the Marine.

OK... so they haul is a$$ to the front of the formation,
    add a stripe
    a few ribbons
    a medal with combat 'V'
    a letter of commendation
    and a 96..

What's the problem ??

Originally posted by mrbsox

OK... so they haul is a$$ to the front of the formation,
    add a stripe
    a few ribbons
    a medal with combat 'V'
    a letter of commendation
    and a 96..

What's the problem ??

sounds like a good plan to me, as well.

You said it well sox, but the truth is the Corps will most likely just say, "Good job Marine".

Talking

I think the news people are the ones pushing this , just they always do.
    The Marine was just doing what he was sent there to do. Promote him and forget it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Outstanding there is still justice in my Corps and it has not changed since I left it. Now get the press out of there and let our Marines do what they do best kill our nations enemies.

Angry

The media seems to be the big problem - we need to kick their ass out of there and let our Marines do the job.

Let dan rather and the rest of his ******* buddies find their news somewhere else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEMPER FI
    OLE SARG

....You said it well sox, but the truth is the Corps will most likely just say, "Good job Marine".....

RIGHT ON...the man was doing his job let him continue to do what we--US Gov't--pay him to do. Get him back with his unit.

Semper Fi !!

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by USMC-FO
    ....You said it well sox, but the truth is the Corps will most likely just say, "Good job Marine".....

RIGHT ON...the man was doing his job let him continue to do what we--US Gov't--pay him to do. Get him back with his unit.

Semper Fi !!
    Yeah... but they could at least do it

ON LIVE T.V.

Thread Information