My NEW moral delimma
Create Post
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

My NEW moral delimma

ok,

So here I am 32 years old, fairly average looking, fairly good health. no complaints.

I meet this woman the other day, and she is sweet, pretty, intelligent, funny, in other words, all the things I like about women in general. So I approach her and we talk, and go out on a few dates over the next couple of days. All is good in Jedi Land.

of all the silly things, I never asked her her AGE. then I DO ask and she is 19 years old. I am 32. 19 is legal. but is that TOO much of an age difference? I actually have met this girls Mother and father, and neither of them have a problem with it, and to tell the truth, I never even think about our age difference when we are just hanging out. ( you know, bowling, movies, mini golf, that kinda crap) but then when alone, I start to wonder if I should just stop this, because of the age differences and what OTHER people might think about it.

can I get some opinions on this?

( and yes, I know I am an idiot for even being involved with a woman of any age to begin with, but they are just so darn cuddly, I can't help myself! )
    so try not to be TOO mean to me, ok?

Go for it. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

You are legal...

I will tell You I was married to Roger for over 26 years till His death...

Roger and I had a 15 year age difference...I met him when I was 20 and he was 35...Age is a number in my books...Yes we might not think the same, on all subjects or we have different likes and dis-likes, but the word compromise does come into play...No different from any relationship...If You both feel good that is all that counts...
    My opinion

Just be prepared for the old saying you are robbing the craddle.....

So now You all have my age...I'm not afraid to tell anybody that I am 47..

Ellie

Age is defined by when your born and when you die, what you do in between defines you!

Hardi.. Your good to go in my opinion.

I bet Ellie is still as hott as you were when you met Roger.

it is just a # Jedi but look how you two get along, she must be more mature than others her age and her parents must trust her, hell just wear a suit when you swim.

Originally posted by thedrifter

So now You all have my age...I'm not afraid to tell anybody that I am 47..

Ellie
    tell ya a funny story, two years ago, I actually dated a 47 year old woman for about 4 months

I guess it's kinda silly of me to worry about it then, right? I mean, If I dated a woman 17 years older than me, why should I feel bad about dating one 13 years younger, right?

I guess I just was/am worried about people thinking I am some kinda dirty old guy going for the teeneage girl, only in it for the physical part, ya know?

but thanks for all the support so far!

It's not the age Jedi...it's the mileage! Your good to go with her....the trouble will usually show up in her maturity level...like you really care about that at this stage...LOL! Young women go for older guys...especially if you got money!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    There is a 14 year difference between my wife and I. "...sweet, pretty, intelligent, funny, in other words, all the things I like about women in general." That's how I would sum up our relationship.

Just give yourself a few more weeks, months, years, of this blissfull relationship, and then ask us again.

You've served your time hell, enjoy an angel for once!

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    Why should AGE matter... other than the obvious legal reasons ??

The relationship between two people is just that, between two people.

If you enjoy someones company, and they yours
    If you respect each others lives and privacy
    If your time away from each other draws you back together
    The past is exactly that, PAST, and only the future matters

Then WTF does age matter !!

Besides... every one needs a hobby.... you DIRTY OLD MAN lol Yer good to go bro !!

Hell, there are some 19 year olds who act like they're 40, and some who act like they're 12. Don't junk a working relationship just because of an artificial barrier. I'm 56, and when you get to be that old, you realize that you truly are only as old as you feel. I can still run rings around my three daughters, so I don't pay much mind to age.

I've been in my present and 4th marriage now for 16 years, my wife is 17 years younger than me. She was born 2 years before my first deployment and also the birth of my first child. Had it not been for her these last 16 years I would have ended up either dead, in prison or in a VA mental ward.

Jedi... it worked for me... but this one my brother you'll have to follow your own heart.

Semper Fi

Looks like the Marines go for younger women....that would be me too...currently involved with one who is 20 years younger than me! I traded my previous one in on the newer model..LOL

Looks like the Marines go for younger women....
    gbudd I'm starting to believe that

I'm in a relationship at this moment with a Marine who is a little over six years older than I...Yea. I have a younger man.. .
    We both have the same idea...Age is a number...It's how well we can work with each other to enhance each other and the goals we set forth for Our Future...

Ellie

Very true Ellie! It's all about being happy and having something to look forward to....which is the definition of happiness!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    An old man once told me, "Young man, it's not who you go to sleep with, it's who you wake up with that matters." If you truly enjoy being with the woman you wake up with...you've got something and if she finds your company enthralling...you've struck gold. Good for you. What's wrong with being happy?
    Don't forget, the photos submitted will have to be maxed out at 500 x 400. LOL.

Thread Information