Ward Churchill: Treason In The Teepee
Create Post

Cool Ward Churchill: Treason In The Teepee

Ward Churchill: Treason In The Teepee
    February 6, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by Bob Newman
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, yes. The “T” word.

I was the first pundit to realize and state publicly that self-proclaimed Indian (the tribe he claims to be a member of says he never produced a shred of evidence that he has any Indian in him) Ward Churchill of the University of Colorado at Boulder could face charges under U.S. Code Title 18, Section 2381, which states: “Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States [a natural-born or naturalized U.S. citizen], levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort [any type of aid that assists the enemy in any way] within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.” Now, before you run off to your local hanging store to get a rope and some camera film, let’s look at how “Professor” Churchill may have crossed the treason line. First, in case you didn’t know (many Americans have forgotten this little tidbit), America is at war. Our declared enemy is al Qaeda and any other terrorist group with the stated goal of killing Americans. Now just a few words from al Qaeda’s foremost cheerleader in America:

“I want the state gone: Transform the situation to U.S. out of North America. U.S. off the planet. Out of existence altogether.”

“It may be that more 9/11s are necessary.”

“The action was correct.” (The attacks of 9-11 were legitimate and proper.)

Those words are surely being used by terrorists to assist them in recruiting new mass murderers into their fetid fold, as pro-terrorism words from Americans are wonderful recruiting tools. Ward Churchill has aided terrorists by giving them recruiting assistance and boosting their morale, and encouraging them by saying more 9-11-style attacks are needed to bring down America.

That’s called treason. And as you read, treason is a crime punishable by death.

A few minutes after the state of the union address, Colorado Governor Bill Owens called in to my evening show, during which I cited the treason statute as I had on previous shows covering the “professor.” My show is heard via the airwaves in 38 states and around the world via streaming audio (an Internet-based parlor trick), so the more I said “treason” the more the word caught on. Now the governor has apparently looked into the treason angle and agrees that Churchill has committed treason. So, too, have some people like MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough, according to one of my listeners who watch MSNBC.

Treason, for all of those screaming that Churchill is covered by the First Amendment, is not protected speech.

And an inept and negligent Elizabeth Hoffman, who is somehow still president of the university despite her presiding over the most embarrassing period in the school’s history, says regarding those decrying Churchill’s treasonous actions: “The university will resist, to the utmost, such pressures or interference when exerted from without.”

Um, pardon me, Betsy, but we the people of Colorado own the school you are running and you are our employee, as is Churchill. Get it?

If you still feel strongly that treason is cool, why not take it a step further and put your trigger finger where your mouth is by taking up arms against the United States? Churchill claims he has repeatedly engaged in armed struggle over the last 20 years, but he refuses to provide us with details of where he fought against whom and when he did so. Was it against the U.S. somewhere? He likes photos of himself adorned in camouflage while holding AK-47s, but where and when and under what circumstances those shots were taken, he won’t say.

Perhaps all the evidence of him being a freedom fighter in a foreign land is lost in the same file cabinet his evidence of being an Indian is in.

But I don’t want Churchill hanged. That would be ruining a perfectly good rope.

Bob Newman

Ellie

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Churchill Ward has been at this anti-American crap for a long time.

No tribe claims him. He's made a career of playing wannabe Indian. To the point of trying to act all military and that ridiculous "Give our Land Back", give me a break Churchill. You are a fraud addicted to the spotlight.

When the spotlight came off of "poor Indians", he moved on to "poor Iraqi's".

As far as his tenure, the Univerity Board would just have look at his application resume. If he was hired under false-pretense, fire him.

Credits
    Savings
    The entire first amendment reads:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech; or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

Those who have been mindlessly parroting the excuse that Churchill is "just exercising his first amendment rights" are clearly uninformed since the first amendment does not grant any rights to anyone - rather, it prohibits congress from passing certain laws.

Specifically, he is not granted the right to say anything he wants and not expect that there can be consequences for doing so. Offending his employers and/or persons his employers do not want offended comes to mind and can (and should) lead to loss of employment at a minimum.

Nothing in the first amendment protects him form any unpleasant consequences for making offensive and anti-American (treasonous) statements. Assault and murder are, of course, criminal offenses unrelated to the first amendment

As an alum of CU, I find it embarrassing that our faculty members including the CU president make such statements about his "exercising his first amendment rights" when there is no such thing as a "first amendment right".

They should be expected to know what the first amendment states before making public statements about it.

The media should take such responsibility also.

Credits
    Savings
    OK, we can't hang him with a 'good' rope and we can't fire him (even if we're in Colorado). Then they can't fire those people for smoking at home, or those guys that had guns in their trucks/cars. Where are all the LIBERALS when you need one and the American Civil Liberal Union.

Oh, by the way, I have this old 5/8 scant in the barn won't hold a loop anymore and it's not a 'good' rope; I think it will take a 225 lb pull OK. I'd be glad to donate if anyone knows how to tie a 13 loop knot, with the inside lock!

Semper fi

Thread Information