Who Remembers Dog Patch? - Page 32
Create Post
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
    The Clap,Syph,and Non-Specific Urethritis,was very Prevalent in 68 and 69 in Dog-Patch.If you Guys don't remember me,maybe you remember the 2 Procaine Penicillin Shots I gave you.One 5cc shot in each outer side Butt Cheek.Or Two Weeks of OXYTetracycline with Probanimide to Protect your Kidneys.Syph was 2 shots for Two days in a row.LOL.

Erithromycin for the Syph,for 2 weeks if you were Allergic to Penicillin.

I remember this French Vietnamese Hooker in Dog Patch named Mya ,she was pretty good looking....youhad to play hide and seek with the M.P.'s Dangerous but Fun.....

Well I never ever fell for that boom-boom crap , while walking through Dogpatch , as I knew them little Vietnamese boys just wanted a blue eye brother or sister and I thought no-way ! I made them suffer , no wonder they surrender later on to the communists !

That's my story and I'm sticking to it !

Well, I traveled through dogpatch a couple of times, what I put on the tip of my rifle is what I put on the tip of my gun, no problems.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I was at Dog Patch and Four Corners once! I was a rifleman at FLC, Da Nang, 3 Charlie Squad I was in Nam Dec 69 to Jan 71, 13 months. Semper Fi Do or Die

The Dog Patch up at Four Corners was a cesspool of filth and disease. Ain't no way I was ever sticking my "lance" in anything walking around that place. There was a "steam and cream" just a couple klicks before the MAG-16 gate, off Rte 1, that was on an Army compound. I would get my pipes cleaned there every now and then. It was convenient for me, because it was right where you turned onto the road to 5th Comm Bn. So, I'd swing in and get a "massage". It was awesome. Especially if I'd been in the bush a few weeks.

What does FLC stand for , as I was headed there before being assign to VMGR-152 while waiting at Okinawa , cause of my MOS !

Dog Patch was the only place for good food and good "company" during my tours in 1965 - 1966 at HQ 12th Marine (Camp Big Foot) and 1968 with Blt 2/26, 11th and 13th Marines.

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Carpshooter, FLC stands for Fleet Logistics Command it was the main supply base for all the U.S.M.C. Troops in the Northern part of South Vietnam. The MOS number for supply was 3051. And it was the most dangerous post in Vietnam! Between the enemy lobbing rockets in there and the race riots inside the Base it was a very tense place to be in. I was in the EM Club "Bamboo Palace" minding my own business one day and a fight broke out between the whites and blacks and a hand grenade went off inside the club thrown by one of those guys killing one and injuring others. I was on the far side of the club and just got my ear drums blew out! No High Ranking Officers would sleep at the FLC Base at night they were flown off base every night by helicopter they felt it was to dangerous for them. My MOS was 3051 but, I volunteered to be a rifleman on a night ambush squad (I enjoyed being off that base as much as I could) and we provided security for the base (FLC) and a nearby artillery base, which was manned by the 9th Marines. We went out on a Operation one time with the 5th Marines and we also served as back up for the 1st Marine Division on Hill #190. We were a detachment of the 1st Marine Division to provide security for FLC are Captain at Hill #190 was Capt. Gary Carlson and we were know as the 1st Provisional Rifle Company. I was in squad 3 Charlie I served in Nam from Dec. 69 to Jan. 71 13 months then returned to Camp Pendleton where I was a Rifle Range Instructor! Semper Fi Do or Die

Funny Little Circus
    But they referred to it, officially, as Force Logistics Command.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HoaAn6970 View Post
    If you traveled toward Hill 327
    from 4 corners
    you would go about 150 yards
    take the first turn right (trail/entrance) thru the ville
    ziz-zag north about two miles
    all the way to highway 1.
    We were about 1 mile north of Phouc Toung
    in the village of Hoa An.

Once you made the right turn
    there was 1 Squad of Marine in (((Phouc Toung (Dogpatch) ))). ****

We were the other squad
    about 1 mile north of them
    between 4 corners and FLC.

Dod patch was off limits then except for the two
    Squads of Marines living within this AO.
    ****( Trust me when I tell you . then real name of/for dogpatch
    this thread is talking about is SPOKEN as "HOW FAT"

RIGHT OUT SIDE Mag11's - gate....

No doubt you're entitled to a village close to where you worked
    to call your own "DogPatch"

Quote Originally Posted by J-Rooster View Post
    Carpshooter, FLC stands for Fleet Logistics Command it was the main supply base for all the U.S.M.C. Troops in the Northern part of South Vietnam. The MOS number for supply was 3051. And it was the most dangerous post in Vietnam! Between the enemy lobbing rockets in there and the race riots inside the Base it was a very tense place to be in. I was in the EM Club "Bamboo Palace" minding my own business one day and a fight broke out between the whites and blacks and a hand grenade went off inside the club thrown by one of those guys killing one and injuring others. I was on the far side of the club and just got my ear drums blew out! No High Ranking Officers would sleep at the FLC Base at night they were flown off base every night by helicopter they felt it was to dangerous for them. My MOS was 3051 but, I volunteered to be a rifleman on a night ambush squad (I enjoyed being off that base as much as I could) and we provided security for the base (FLC) and a nearby artillery base, which was manned by the 9th Marines. We went out on a Operation one time with the 5th Marines and we also served as back up for the 1st Marine Division on Hill #190. We were a detachment of the 1st Marine Division to provide security for FLC are Captain at Hill #190 was Capt. Gary Carlson and we were know as the 1st Provisional Rifle Company. I was in squad 3 Charlie I served in Nam from Dec. 69 to Jan. 71 13 months then returned to Camp Pendleton where I was a Rifle Range Instructor! Semper Fi Do or Die
    FLC was also where the bakery was located. When I went on courier from 1st MAW, I went to Red Beach and then to FLC where we stopped at the bakery on our way out and got fresh donuts and coffee. Got a sack full before we left to bring back to the guys.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by m14ed View Post
    ****( Trust me when I tell you . then real name of/for dogpatch
    this thread is talking about is SPOKEN as "HOW FAT"

RIGHT OUT SIDE Mag11's - gate....

No doubt you're entitled to a village close to where you worked
    to call your own "DogPatch"
    I posted that in haste yesterday...

the thread doesn't specify which DogPatch ?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I stand corrected! Thank You

Thread Information