Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    gunny i remember the same as you
    no helmets
    long dresses
    there were 4 to 5 on a scooter
    i can see doc now on a chariot pulled by 2 white horses wearing a helmet and skirt
    doc as a young charleton heston
    semper fi

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    ....I've got one....Attachment 8209...."patrons of GREED!"
    Watched Bob Hope out behind that joint ... from about 100 ft. behind the wire on the hill

When I was over there and Bob Hope's USO show was at Freedom Hill, I can remember hearing a dull roar and big dark spot on the hill...I pulled the short straw and had the duty that day.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    i never was near there when bob was there hate i missed it
    they made it sound that back home that everyone got to see him
    i didn't know anyone that did but i'm glad some saw him
    semper fi

the only thing i remember about Dog Patch was a place where l'il abner and daisy mae lived they were in the sundays funny papers

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    ...TG....I tried to avoid knowing about lil' abner...now you've really shown my OLD AGE!!!....Doc....GUNNY...Tha fas scata!!

Ahoy Marine, I was with 3rd. Bn 1st Marines in 67 when the dump went up, helluv a show that one.

MSgt. S.L. Doughty

Ahoy Marine, I was with 3rd. Bn 1st Marines in 67 when the dump went up, helluv a show that one.

Top you wouldn't me a Master Gy if so were you ever ststioned a Camp Geiger to do ITR training .

Well no Sergeant, I was a Cpl. w/2nd. Force Recon at LeJeune the 1st time and a Sgt. with I co. 3/6 the second time when I came back from Nam, re-enlisted and went to Camp Edison,Ca. (Edison Range) as a PMI. Never stationed at Camp Geiger. Hope you feel better. MSgt. S.L. Doughty 2233880 USMC ret.

hi william,i was stationed on hill 327 freeedom hill when bob hope was there 1969 mass-3 1st mardiv joe dowdy

hi,i was also on 327 mass-3 in 68-69 ,you remember sargent debarge over motorpool joe dowdy here

No I don't recall the name...as a matter of fact I can't recall too many names any more. I was with HWHG-1, MWCS-1, Comm Center Platoon and was just on the other side of the fence from Dog Patch and had the ARVN arty outfit on the other side of that corner of the base. That little corner of the base was just about all I knew. I use to make a nightly courior run to Red Beach, FLC, back to First MARDIV, to CORPS HQ and back to 1st MAW quite often, but that was at night and we didn't exactly do any sight seeing. I can't even remember which valley was over there next to 1st MARDIV...was it Happy Valley? I am very grateful that when I did go outside the wire that nothing serious happened.

hi william,yes it was happy valley,my 40th aniversery coming home from nam was oct 26,glad we made it my brother

Credits
    Savings
    Images

!

Yes, it was Happy valley, not a very happy place.

Thread Information