Who Remembers Dog Patch? - Page 16
Create Post
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jinelson View Post
    Dog Patch was a ville just on the outside of Danang to the north almost at the foot of Hill-327 about a click out and was a popular venue for skivie runs. Of course it was off limits to all Marines and all other American personnel. As a 3531 I went through there from FLC to IstMAW and 1stMARDIV HQ's many times during the course of a tour. The baby sanhs were so friendly down that way and the MP's and QC's were there in abundance and not at all friendly. Anyone out there have any pleasant or otherwise memories to share about this quant hamlet? How about four corners? Lets hear about it answer up.

Sempers
    Jim
    hi jim,i was there 68-69 .i was on top of hill 327.mass-3 1st mardiv.just found this site.yes i remember dog patch very well and happy valley.good to hear a brother that knows were i was at.take with you again soon .GOD bless joe dowdy

dog patch

I had 2 reasons , 1- I could see the Red Cross Nurses, then-duck into a shack when the MPs were not looking.I kept all my gear on,ONLY time I had to have romance so dressed.
    Mike Co. 3/3 Fighting Marine

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    M & M....you were with Mike, 3/3 in 65', and 66'??....OR, was it Mike, 2/3?? I served as a Doc, with Lima, 3/3 in 68' and 69'. DaNang, HUH? What was your MOS? I'm VERY interested with Marines bragging about thier triumphs, with mammasan's, how much hooch they drank, and how cheap the Tai-sticks were. When Marine buddy's of mine read this crap, they E-mail, or call me to *****. We'll remember you AZZHOLES playing, while good Men were being wounded and KILLED!!! Think I'll POST the names, and ranks of the Marines, who feel this INSULT!!!....SEMPER FVCKING FIDELIS....DOC

fighting marine

what was yours?
    Where are your medals?

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    M&M...I was, and STILL AM an 8404...in every way!! I stand by the ribbons in my signature!!...AND, I've got my DD214, and DD215 that I'd be HAPPY to send ANYONE...a copy of!!! If I said anything to attack you...personally, I apologize for being an AZZHOLE! Only reason I said ANYTHING...was because of the phone calls, and PM'S I've received. AGAIN, if I offended you...APOLOGIES EXTENDED!!....DOC

m&m

Apology accepted
    There are enough Draft Dodgers to vent our anger at.

Hi Everyone,
    I've just last week returned home from Da Nang. I thought while I was there I would update the photos of Dogpatch. Believe it or not except for the absence of the bordellos Dogpatch is pretty much the same as it was 40+years ago! Longer and wider for sure but still the same. I'll let the photos speak for them selves.
    The first photo is looking into Dogpatch from across route 1 where flsg-a used to be.

This next series is travelling west towards the PX from route 1 to the left turnoff for ASP-1 and the Sea Bee camp, If you travelled another 100 yards or so the PX would have been on the left.

The rest of the photos are travelling back towards route 1 from the PX and ending by the route 1 entrance.

I do sincerely hope that you've enjoyed my little tour!

S/F

Thread Information