Trojan Horse Alert...Great Site! by tammi
Create Post

Angry Trojan Horse Alert...Great Site! by tammi

If you happen to come on that message don't click on the link, its a Trojan Horse.
    My computer started acting crazy, so I ran a virus scan.
    It found four;
    actalert.exe twice...must have been when I click twice on that link once for each message to see why the link did not work, the last part of that link reads codelingo.com, which is an executable command.
    The other two were nem220.dll and wsem302.dll.
    My anti-virus clean it out of my system.
    How dumb we are, clicking on a link, without checking the source code of someone we don't know.
    I ran scanreg /fix and that led to my system wanting me to reload Windows 98, so I than ran scanreg /restore.
    After that I knew something was terribly wrong, so I ran the anti-virus to clean my system.
    I suggest if you click on that link, run your anti-virus to see if it infected your system.
    I knew it has to be this link because my system was running good till I clicked on that stupid link.
    Whoever is passing that around might not be able to post here, but if you go to other message boards, you might see that message, beware.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

People Are Cruel.....

Ellie

Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks for the heads up Ricardo, way to look out.

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    Thanks for the info Ricardo. Dont need my new system getting infected already, have not had it that long..

Registered User Free Member Mr.Rod's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    same same here

Ditto here

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    and no smitty they are not talkin about me :P

shoot, I never look at ANYTHING sent to me, not even links sent to me by people it looks like I should know. just not safe anymore. I hvae had so much crap loaded on my computer for me. One time clicking an unfamiliar link a dialer was downloaded to my comp, and I ended up with an $800 phone bill for calling over seas!

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    Holy Chit Jedi. that had to suck. I think I remember my parents in ohio telling me about that happening to them. Its something how you cant even enjoy being on your computer anymore because of all this junk. Seems like even when you dont download stuff it is getting downloaded for you rather you like it or not.

yep, can't hardly get on the net anymore, without a spyware protection program, anti-virus just isn't enough anymore

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    No its not.. I have a couple brother in laws that work on computers and one actually does it for the govt in the airforce and when my computer was having problems he told me to run the scans and i actually ended up having to reformat the whole drive because of it. Somehow something got downloaded that i couldnt find so anytime you opened up explorer all kinds of pop ups started to come up. GOD I HATE THOSE DAMN POP UPS

Thread Information