Marine Arrested After Road Rage Shooting
Create Post

Jan. 11, 2005

A U.S. Marine scheduled to go to Iraq next month is being held in a Kentucky jail after a violent road rage incident on I-64 early Tuesday morning involving two other Marines.

The incident started near the West Virginia-Kentucky line at about 2:30 a.m. Police say Abraham Cerpa, an active duty Marine on leave, was traveling to Chicago with his wife and two children. Cerpa and the occupants of the other car, two Marines stationed at Quantico who Cerpa did not know and happened to be driving through Kentucky at the same time, apparently had a disagreement of some sort and began exchanging obscene gestures.

The two cars were in Clark County as the incident escalated. Cerpa, whose wife was driving, allegedly took out an assault rifle and fired three to four shots at the other car. One unidentified man in the car was hit in the shoulder with shrapnel.

Cerpa's car was pulled over about 15 minutes later at the Scott/Woodford County line, where Cerpa was arrested without incident.

Deputies say before Cerpa was pulled over he apparently punched his wife in the face. He's charged with assault and three counts of wanton endangerment.

The Marine who was injured from shrapnel was treated and released.

Ellie

One word enters my mind...IDIOT!!! This guy needs to be an EX-Marine, real quick...

In front of the kids... BCD, should be stripped of EGA quick

I agree with y'all ^^^

Registered User Free Member cockscap70's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    So Cerpa had an assault rifle. There was road rage. Cerpa punched his wife in the face. Proved, he would at least be guilty on the last charge, providing his wife will press charges. Who is to say that (given the context) that Cerpa was the guilty party in this incident. Think people... let the judge or jury pass judgement. SF, Cockscap

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    Oh boy! I flip you off! You shoot at me! Grand plan!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Its gets even wierder.

Lexington Herald Leader
    Later in the day, authorities discovered the victim and his companion, both military police, were absent without leave from their base at Quantico, Va.

"A guy at the base said they've been gone for two weeks," Clark County Sheriff Ray Caudill said.

Lock the idiots up and throw away the keys. The kids will be scared for life. And ten to one the wife will not press charges.

The wife may not press charges but in most states if there is evidance of domestic violence the state can press charges these days. I guess there will be three dumb jarheads standing in front of the man soon.

Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    This idiot should be stripped of the title of Marine, we have enough people to shoot at, if he is so trigger happy there are plenty of targets in Iraq. Where did he get the assault rifle, most are banned in the U.S.

The other 2 Marines should also be punished to the fullest extent, this is time of war, as fear as I'm concerned if you are U.A., you may as well be a deserter. Not only that, If you're U.A. why are you going to act like an a$$ and bring undo attention to yourself.

Let all three of them rot in hell.

Jag, I know this is a moot point but I believe (and correct me if I am wrong) but the date for the banned weapons issue has expired. Sometime around November or December...In either case, it is still illegal in most states to lean out the window of a moving vehicle and shoot at someone. Being arrested for punching your old lady falls under domestic violence laws and (again in most states), is automatically arrested!

Women can make men do some really stupid stuff.

Registered User Free Member Mr.Rod's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Was the Marine with the assault rifle the first one to shoot? Was he the ONLY one to shoot? Gonna have to let the courts decide on that one.

Thread Information