Federal Law Enforcement
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Federal Law Enforcement

I know I’m not a poolee but I have some question and I thought what better place to get it then from my brothers and sisters.

Let’s get to it. I want to get into federal law enforcement. Since leaving the Marine Corps in 2002, I have done an array of things from working for Defense Security Service (processing clearances as a case analyst), to what I am doing know, working for Northrop Grumman Ship systems, in the IE department. I know this is a different path, but when I first began college my major was IE and I got this gig as a temp intern that turned part/full time while in school. I graduate next spring with a BS in Business Management and I am hoping to go immediately into the FBI.

I was wondering if anyone on here knew any contacts or had any information that might be helpful to me. I’ve tried contacting the local FBI but have had know luck as of yet.

Semper Fi,

Sgt J

Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I believe that the FBI has a web site, don't know what it is though. Why the FBI?

hmnnn. well the federal officers training school is somewhere in GA, Cumberland or something like that I think.

you could try contacting them, or looking up thier websites.

LoL,

come on guys, I am a Marines. I did do some research be for turning to you all.

I was hoping to speak with somone here about it, maybe get an inside view.

Thanks for the advice though.

Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was with the U.S.M.S. for a few years, I see if I can contact some old friends and find out anything for you.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Well sgtj, you would need to contact your local FBI office and then they could inform you on what you need to do. I believe the FBI academy is located in Virginia, but the secret service uniform division acadamy is located in Georgia as hardjedi pointed out. If your local FBI office show's no interest then move on to some other agency.
    SF and good luck.

Thanks Marines.

The Federal Law Enforcement Center, FLETC as they call it, is located here in Brunswick, Georgia. It is located on what used to be NAS Glynco. I don't know who all is trained here, I've heard everyone in the federal agencies but the FBI.

I would look into border patrol, or marshalls. but i dont think either are hiding. But if excitement is what you want go with the marshalls

If you only need an app. the nearest federal court house may have them. your best bet may be to go to the closest FBI field office, they may find 1 for you just to send you on your way. If you want to work out in the field right out of the academy I would choose another agency. They make you a paper grunt for 1-2 years to earn being out of the office. Hope this helps

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know squat about this issue. I did meet a FBI guy in Quantico once.

I asked him if he was good with a weapon, and his eyes glazed over into that killer stare and he said, "Very."

Spooked the hell out of me!

I know a lot about this all ready and most of you have some good advice. FLETC is located in GA. But the FBI does all there training in Quantico.
    I've thought about the other programs and although I have not discounted them, when you look at each one of their respective missions (future missions) I think the FBI is right for me. I know I am going to have to do paper work but, I think the FBI is the one that will challange me both mentally and physically. I have some buddies that are in different programs, they went in straight out of the Marines. I on the other hand went to school, and not to make it sound cocky, going to the uniform divisions of other branches is just not an option. I could have done that 4 years ago.

Either way I have made contact with my local FBI office and I have done tons of research. I am just looking at other helpful hints on the process. To be honest I thought somone on here might have been an SA.
    Thanks again ya'll.

Semper Fi.
    Sgt. J

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Agent Sgtj, that sounds right! Get some, make it happen.

Yellowwing,

Jolly is my last name... but its ok The Marines had fun with it too, all the way until I got Sergeant, then I had all the fun.

On pick up day in bootcamp, my heavy was running up and down the lines, he stopped at my footlocker, looked down, looked up at me, looked down again, paused and said, "JOLLY, HUH!, WELL! YOUR NOT GONNA BE." Whenever the SDI wanted me or it was my turn to go play on the quarterdeck, they would yell TIS THE SEASON, and I would have to report.... I had fun with it then... my wife loves it, at much surprise to me? Her full name is now Wendy B. Jolly... Thanks though Yellowing.

SF
    Keith

Hey J

a couple of things that will definately help with the bureau are accounting classes and procedural law, the type you would take to get your JD, I just talked to a buddy working for a fed drug task force and according to him if you don't like the bureau you can lateral to DEA. not sure how but it's an option for future considerations. Good luck

Thread Information