I was moved today!
Create Post

I was moved today!

The local field artillery battery of the Georgia National Guard left today for an 18 month deployment which will ultimately take them to Irag. On their route through town, hundreds of well-wishers lined the streets and highways, carrying placards, waving flags, and cheering for them. It was rather quite moving for me, seeing all of this support. No, they aren't Marines, but they are some of our young men, answering the call. May God be with them all.

Semper Fi!

Bob

OUTSTANDING!

Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    At least they have the support of their home town, more than some can say.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It is hard to see young men/women go off into another country but some of these men/women take their oath seriously to finish what they started. I pray that god be with ALL who are on the frontlines and all the areas behind it as well. War is cold and unfeeling except to those who are in it or have been through it.
    They ALl have their own stories to tell. As they should seeing that they know what it is like firsthand to "be there"and godwilling "come home" safe.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets choked up when you see a powerful display of patriotism. Our men and women going to battle.... I can hear the drums beating, see the flags and feel the pride. God Bless all of our troops.

Thread Information