A little disappointed
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member JAG5150's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Angry A little disappointed

I must say that I am a little disappointed with some of my fellow Marines. In the last few days we have had some threads about some fellow Marines who are no longer with us. I think that it is very disrespectful that very few Marines did not post their farewell and show these men the respect due to them. Sorry if I have stepped on any toes but this is my opinion.

Well Jag...I think you are right. Sometimes you get caught up in all the other posts and don't pay attention to the more important posts like you mentioned. The posts are really for the family and friends...don't you think?

There are some post

just can't visit or post to...

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Everytime I see a loss it saddens me. Sometimes I respond, be it Marine or non- Marine, sometimes I don't. But even when I don't respond that doesn't mean that I have for one minute or one second not recognized the loss. I have read it, processed it and understood it. Sometimes I do not respond because of a loss for words or the awkward feeling that I am repeating what has already been posted. Either way the best of intentions are always there. I suppose that is what happens often times when one sees an obituary notice.
    Prayer? Often times I say a prayer. More than likely, I reflect and think of a good thought to pass onto whoever has passed on and to their loved ones who are still alive. Prayer and a good thought equate equally in my mind.
    I guess what I am getting at is as long as the thought is there be it written or recited silently...all is good.
    Gary

WOW, first time I have EVER been critisized for NOT posting. look, every death by a US serviceman means something to me. Seriously. it is hard for my family and friends to understand this, but each time one of us falls, it hurts me. I have not been nearly as omnipresent on these boards lately, so I haven't seen all the new threads the way I used to.

wait a minute, why the heck am I justifying what I do or do not post to?

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    I have to agree, I think we sometimes get wrapped up in other posts and just dont make it to others. I know I am guilty of that. I see what the new posts are and i read those first.

JAG, I think you went a bit over board, I speak for myself when I say some of the most heart felt sincere thoughts may not be posted. Somethings I just like to keep to myself Marine.

Try to respect that.

Semper fi.

Credits
    Savings
    As I stated earlier, this is my opinion and I meant no disrespect to anybody and to borrow a line from HardJedi (My words cannot offend you. You can only CHOOSE to take offense.)

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    I didnt take offense to it. we all have our own opinions, we all have our own reasons.. nobody is ever looked down upon for their belief or how they feel..

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    we all give our respect, gratitude, and last fare-wells in or own significant manner to the Fallen Warriors whose names may or may not grace these pages... posting here is not significant... rather just another means, and it is very presumptuous to assume it is out of disrespect that not all posts honoring the Fallen Warriors are flooded with responses...

Credits
    Savings
    All right point made, I apologize. This is something that was bothering me and I had to get it off of my chest. You all have showed me that there is more than one way to show respect to our fallen comrades and I'll be the first to agree. Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me and once again, I meant no disrespect to anybody.

Thread Information