Deserter Cpl Hassoun..now AWOL
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Deserter Cpl Hassoun..now AWOL

Well now he's reported as A.W.O.L. It appears he didn't return from a weekend pass. So says Fox News. Why isn't he in the brig anyway?

RALEIGH, N.C. — Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun (search ), the Marine who was once thought kidnapped in Iraq only to be charged later with desertion, has disappeared, Marine officials announced Wednesday.

Hassoun had been on leave with his family in West Jordan, Utah, when he was scheduled to return to Camp Lejeune (search) on Tuesday, military officials told FOX News. Hassoun's family said they do not know his whereabouts, and the military began notifying civilian law enforcement of his fugitive status.

The U.S. Marine Corps again listed Hassoun as a deserter on Wednesday. He had been charged in December with unauthorized leave following a five-month probe into his June disappearance from a U.S. military camp in Iraq.

The 24-year-old Utah resident went missing June 20, 2004, from his base in Fallujah. A few days later a videotape of him blindfolded and with a sword hanging over his head aired on Arab television, prompting fears he had been taken hostage by terrorists.

A group claiming they took Hassoun said he had been killed after being lured from the base by a love affair.

But in a bizarre twist, Hassoun turned up unharmed on July 8 at the U.S. Embassy in his native Lebanon. He claimed he had been captured by anti-American forces, but it was unclear how he had gotten to Beirut from Iraq.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Marine Charged With Desertion Disappears

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

RALEIGH, N.C. — Cpl. Wassef Ali Hassoun, the Marine who was once thought kidnapped in Iraq only to be charged later with desertion, has disappeared, Marine officials announced Wednesday.

rest of story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,143453,00.html

shoulda executed him as a deserter to start off with

OORAH Corporal

on leave

on leave, who the h ell, made that decision?

There is something about this that just isn't right no matter what end you look at.. Deserter or Intel.. nothing about this seems to fit. If he is a deserter.. HANG HIM, shooting would to to fast and easy..

It seems as if

his family is not only wealthy but influential in government affairs in Lebanon.

The American public has not been told what should be disclosed about this traitor!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I just vomited! This scenario is bringing up any evil, malicious, feelings I've had buried for quite sometime. What a pi$$er! Capture his fanny or just show me his head (not attached to his body)

Registered User Free Member B A Hall's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The BOY has no balls we don't need Marines like him let him go back to Iraq so our brothers can kill him.

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    Well I know what I think they shoul do with him and I cant say it here because there would be too many blocked out words.. oh and besides its not lady like..LOL

Well he probably has been planning this for awhile. Perhaps he planned on arranging his affairs in Lebanon the first time he disapeared...to only desert the Corps once he returned to the states (which may explained why he turned up at an Embassy in Lebanon the first time). So that way he can live in Lebabon w/o the worry of being extradited back to the states.

Sgt. Smitty
    Guest Free Member
    OK, who's the numb nutted as shole that let this damned raghead deserter go on leave for Ch rists sake? Is this an example of the kind of minds we have running the military? God help us if it is. This whole scenerio is like a friggin James Bond movie or somethin. I say just shoot the as shole on site and be done with him. I know he's dead meat if I happen to see him. 89 if you won't say it I will cause I don't have to worry about bein lady-like, know what I mean? Oh ya, one more question...who the hell let this deserter into the military in the first place? This country is bein infiltrated right under your noses people, dam i hope i'm not the only one that can see that!

Too bad i am not a prisoner chaser anymore with the Marine Corps me and this boy would be having some private time behind closed doors.. When i got through beatin on his raghead ass he would be willin to tell all... enuff said..

Thread Information