Is it too late?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: Is it too late?

  1. #1

    Is it too late?

    and will I get in trouble for changing my medical/criminal background after enlisting in DEP? (Ship off 20050314)
    My recruiter told me it's easier sometimes asking forgiveness. His example "Would you tell your girlfriend's dad you want to have sex with his daughter, or would you tell him after the fact you already have?"
    If I'm going to earn the title of Marine I want to do it honestly, so is it too late or what can I do?


  2. #2

    unknown

    Unknown?
    Unknown?

    WTF is that?

    If you having to ask that question "Unknown" then you already know the answer. Get your head screwed on straight and do what you know you should.

    Just my opinion.


  3. #3

  4. #4
    yes, it is called FRADULENT ENLISTMENT! you can get into BIG TIME/ BRIG TIME trouble for that


  5. #5
    My recruiter told me to check no for everything after telling him my background, saying it's easier for him to change it once you're in DEP... I failed by losing the integrity of the Corps enlisting under fraudulent terms (under strong advisement, still my fault nonetheless), but, can changes still be made before taking the final oath with minimal consequences?


  6. #6
    WTF are you saying your recruiter told you to lie on your background?? Are you saying this recruiter told you check or write something different other than the truth??? Well sir if in fact you did do that its called fraud and i as an NCO of the United States Marine Corps find it very hard to believe that a recruiter of the United States Marine Corps would even think about telling anyone to commit fraud knowing that his butt could very well be Court Marshaled and sent to Ft leavenworth to the stockaid and given a dishonorable discharge. First thing you have admitted that you lied on the paper work to get into my Beloved Marine Corps and that shows me, You sir are not trustworthy what so ever to even be in my Marine Corps. enuff said..


  7. #7
    http://usmilitary.about.com/cs/joiningup/a/falsestatements.htm
    Assuming this document is credible, the implication is I am not the first and certainly not the last person this happened/will happen to. After reviewing said document under the assumption the document is credible, I have concluded the ability to correct medical/criminal records having already been enlisted in the DEP is possible. Penalties: At worst, prosecution under article 83 of UCMJ. Bad, released from the DEP itself. Best: a delay of departure to MCRD San Diego while a waiver is considered.

    I blame myself for failing to do what I knew was right, not my recruiter. A lesson lived is a lesson learned. And boy did I learn a few things from that one.

    Look, my reason for enlisting is to serve our country and her people. "Whatever it takes" is my motto, and I will do anything and everything to earn the title of United States Marine. Anything except failing to regard the integrity of the USMC Core values. Already covered that part.


  8. #8
    yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I think you have the correct attitude on making it right.

    There are many penalites and a ton of ways this will trip you up in the very near future. And everything you worked for will be gone.

    I'd go to the Recruiter and tell him straight out you want to clear up the situation ASAP. Refile statements, records, or whatever it takes.

    If you lose 2-3 months on enlisting, so be it. The Corps will still be here, and you can join us with a clear conscious.

    Good luck and stick to your guts!


  9. #9
    unknown...are you for real? I can't buy the recruiter story. I know a Marine that did what you say you did...mid 80's..he lasted 3 months and was given a discharge. That still haunts him today. I saw the DD214. Honorable...ERRONEOUS enlistment. You need to get your story straight with recruiter now and don't waste the Corps time. gbudd


  10. #10
    Marine Free Member LivinSoFree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Quantico, VA
    Posts
    712
    Credits
    10,003
    Savings
    0
    Images
    3
    Recruiters will tell you to do a lot of things. Except, to protect them, you sign about 4 different pieces of paper legally affirming that they did NOT tell you to lie or omit anything that might pertain to your enlistment, so ultimately, it WILL come back to you, not him.


  11. #11
    Originally posted by hrscowboy
    WTF are you saying your recruiter told you to lie on your background?? Are you saying this recruiter told you check or write something different other than the truth??? Well sir if in fact you did do that its called fraud and i as an NCO of the United States Marine Corps find it very hard to believe that a recruiter of the United States Marine Corps would even think about telling anyone to commit fraud knowing that his butt could very well be Court Marshaled and sent to Ft leavenworth to the stockaid and given a dishonorable discharge. First thing you have admitted that you lied on the paper work to get into my Beloved Marine Corps and that shows me, You sir are not trustworthy what so ever to even be in my Marine Corps. enuff said..
    damn dude, have you EVER been on Recruiting Duty?


    With that said to the kid who frauded himself in. If you are going to allegate on the Recruiter you better have more than enough ammo to support your claims. Also know that once you come forth there is no turning back. Do you want to be a U.S. Marine...yes/no? You better think real hard before you allegate on anyone.


  12. #12
    Originally posted by unknown
    My recruiter told me to check no for everything after telling him my background, saying it's easier for him to change it once you're in DEP... I failed by losing the integrity of the Corps enlisting under fraudulent terms (under strong advisement, still my fault nonetheless), but, can changes still be made before taking the final oath with minimal consequences?
    minimal consequences for fraudulant enlistment!?! Lol..you're kidding right?


  13. #13
    bates_iyaoyas...I think unknown is trying to lead us down the primrose path. This is a joke.


  14. #14
    Originally posted by gbudd
    bates_iyaoyas...I think unknown is trying to lead us down the primrose path. This is a joke.
    No loyalty anymore, I swear. I had a poolee try to allegate on me once, and the kid got hammered. If this kid is even a poolee he better check his frickin sense of humor.


  15. #15

    Re: Is it too late?

    Originally posted by unknown
    Is it too late?
    Yep! it's too late.


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not Create Posts
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts