Marines as Practical Jokers
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Marines as Practical Jokers

So, did anyone ever pull any really good preactical jokes on any of their fellow Devil Dogs? or see any really good ones pulled off?

Here's one for ya!

There we were, up in the mountains. Cold as HELL at night time, so no one wanted to get out of their sleeping bags at night time to make a head call. Too dang cold for that. So alot of guy's had those big Gatorade bottles in thier bag with em, and they would just use em as a little urinal.

Now, we all know how MRE heaters work right? You poor water on em, and a chemical reaction makesem heat up real fast. Well, if you stick an MRE heater in someones gatorade bottle, and they don't notice it, and they USE it for a urinal, and then screw the lid back on, so as not to get any P#ss on em, what do you think happens? LOL

THAT"S RIGHT! the heat from the MRE heater expands the bottle untill it explodes! LOL. I pulled that during cold weather training in Norway, in late 94! Man, This poor kid I did it too in my squad came flying out of his tent screaming! it was prett dang funny.

anyone else got any good practical jokes they either preformed on another Marine, or saw done?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    wasn't designed as a practical joke.

somebody stole a # 10 can of dehydrated shrimp from the mess hall in the rear. we boiled em up in the COs coffee pot. we never drained the pot out. CO made coffee the next morning using the water we left in the pot. he wasn't impressed.

come out in the morning throwing a fit did he, Ivalis? what rank was your CO at the time?

While in Kuwait after the Gulf war, we were doing NBC training with the Kuwaitee's. I had a Plt Sgt ( Good Guy ) that was just getting annoying becasue he kept telling everyone, "check your gear, check your gas masks". Over and over, too much! Well I noticed that he wasn't checking his so I thought it would be a nice reminder to alter his gear.

Right in the middle of the Training Op with ,high brass looking on and CS in the air, my Sgt puts on his gas mask, clears it and then notices that I have put black tape on the inside of his lens. The words were flying.. and all ya heard was "did you check your gear?"

i am amazed non of you guys got killed or a blanket party thrown in your honor...

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    HardJedi you aren't even right Marine! lol I'd have to kick you in your nuts for that one Marine! Didn't your mom tell you that you can shoot your eye out with MRE heater bombs? I plead the fifth on making MRE heater bombs, the ATF could be watching us right now!

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Jedi, you are definatley not right! How did you not end up with his sleeping bag the next night?

Quite a few times we took advantage of a Marine sleeping off last nights binge.
    Foam shaving cream in each of the sleeping victims hands, a tickle on the nose a few times and....
    We once covered a (naked) passed out guy with shaving cream including the plumbing. He was so drunk that he didn't wake up (no fun). We left him sleeping with the shaving cream all over his privates.
    Poor guy had cracked nuts for a week.
    He was not happy and no one fessed up to the dirty deed.

And, we all must have short sheeted someones bunk at least once.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Well this is pretty tame compared to the exploding p*ss bottles...

We were really bored one Sunday afternoon, so we superglued about a dollar in change at the top of barracks stairwell, then laughed like hell when Marines would try to pick up the coins.

That is until one Sergeant outsmarted us and came back with a hammer and chisel! Joke was on us.

Originally posted by cjwright90
    Jedi, you are definatley not right! How did you not end up with his sleeping bag the next night?

Oh that particular unit was FULL of practical Jokers. some of them, were pretty dangerous. Heck, there was ONE involving a live rattlesnake and the Platoon commander.

Heck, I used to like to sleep with my head inside my pillow case ( to drown out my really noisy roomies. So I go to hit the rack one night, stuff my head inside, and someone had dumped three bottles of baby powder inside!

Damn near choked to death

Registered User Free Member decuervo's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    One night me and a couple of buddies went down to TJ and got our fill and headed back to base and continued the binge in the barracks when someone asked who the OIC was for the night. It ended up being our platoon commander. So we collected all of our empty beer cans and waited until he left Battalion HQ and we made a big beer pyramid out of our empties on the duty desk. Never did get caught for that.

hUMM

Dragged a dead gook out of the Sung Thu Bon River, in Vietnam, one evening and sat him upright on the top of the bridge, next to the flare boxes.

Izzie and Chief two Indians from Wyoming, of course not with my encouragement, left the rope tied to one of the gooks arms.

When unsuspecting Marines from the other platoons came by to get a look at the dead gook sitting upright on the bridge, Izzie would wait till they got up close, then pull on the rope, causing the dead gooks arms to swing up to wave.

LMAO...

Then in the morning we told Jerry Lucero, who we called "TJ" that when he got off watch, he was suppose to wake up the Marine sleeping sitting upright next to the flare box...

Well about 4:00 we heard Lucero trying to wake up the dead gook, when he yanked on the gooks arm, it came off...

Humm, for some reason, Lucero did not think it was that funny... ROTFLMAO

Those were mild ones.... but memorable to the whole company.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I was not involved personally with this one, but it was funny.
    The company clerk was this slow witted guy. He had real thick, real dark eyebrows. Same for his moustache. He was know for heavy drinking(what Marine was not?) so he was into heavy sleeping, too. He passed out pretty hard one night, so a bunch of guys took it upon themselves to break out the razor. Remember the eyebrows? Shaved half of his eyebrow(yes singular) and the other side of his stash. He went to company formation late because of how he was feeling, so apparently did not look in the mirror. Need I say more?

DANG Sparrowhawk! I was actually expeting something like that from the guy's who served in combat zones.

that's pretty dang funny.

TJ

was the same Marine when he first arrived FNG, we was on a working party laying wire and we sent him to the lieutenants hooch to get an extention cord for the claymore mine...

Then there was the time we send Lucky to the lieutenants hooch to get some ice cream for us.

LMAO

Thread Information