Enlistment question
Create Post

Enlistment question

I am a freshman in college right now but am considering enlisting in the reserves or maybe full time. I dont want to make any major decisions until after this semester, so if I decide to enlist at the end of May is it likely that I would be able to start recruit training this summer?

Have you talked to a recruiter? What branch of service are you wanting to sign with? I would say you could be in bootcamp or basic training by the end of the summer. The recruiter will be your best bet for the correct answer to your question.

If you want a Summer Recruit Training Slot, you'd better be talking to your Recruiter now and look at enlisting in the DEP (Delayed Entry Program) right away. Summer slots fill up faster than any others. If you want to go Reserves and stay in College, ask the Recruiter if they have any MOS's with Split options.

GunnyL

I know you are looking to enlist during the summer, but, as a freshman in college, you may also want to consider the Platoon Leaders Course (PLC). This program offers you summer training towards an officer commission. The link is below.

http://www.marines.com/officer_progr...p?format=flash

I have another question one of you might be able to answer for me. I read somewhere that Lasik eye surgery is an automatic disqualification without a waiver. Is the waiver difficult to get?

I believe your recruiter will help you in guidence with that question.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    The question about lasik surgery was brought up a few months ago. Scan the Poolee Hall of Fame. Semper-Fi! Chuck Hall

Thread Information