ubject: MILINET: Real American Sniper Experts Wanted--J.J. Johnson
    To:

An Internet Publication
    Saturday October 12, 2002 - 07:31:30 AM, PDT

Rules of Engagement:
    Real American Sniper Experts Wanted
    by J.J. Johnson - AP Article Follows
    Published 10. 11. 02 at 18:47 Sierra Time

Reality check time, people. Below are some tips for residents in Sniperville, but as things are quickly deteriorating in the D.C. area, we cannot sit here and say, "Thank God we don't live there." These people need help. It is clear that law enforcement is currently at a loss on what to do. In our opinion, what these folks really need is some help and advice from Real Americans. It's our duty.

So Let's Rollâ?¦

First we need to clear up something before I lose my temper, and people start sounding stupid. If the reader is thinking this is some kind of federal government operation (i.e. to promote gun control), you can stop reading this now, as you clearly cannot think beyond everything being a conspiracy and you haven't spent much time in the D.C. area. If this were a U.S. state-sponsored operation, sniper boy would not choose this 'theater of operation'. Logic would dictate they would choose a much more pro-gun environment.

I could be wrong, but I'm going to stick to my guns that sniper boy is a 'jihad freak' -- simply waging war on American soil (note: I didn't say terrorist, as calling it that would be a 'cop out', in my opinion). As folks can't figure out a motive (I think the police know all too well the motive), the mission is working. The Washington Metroplex is now going through what we predicted: social shutdown. For those that don't live in the area, this means federal employees can't do their jobs, and most importantly, can't 'focus' on their jobs.

As all the experts are trying to profile the shooter, here are some aspects of this shooter not being reported in the media:

1. This person is NOT targeting law enforcement at this time. No doubt there are those in law enforcement deeply concerned about this, as it means that if 'sniper boy' wanted, they would be sitting ducks for those not wearing vests (although there have been a few true head shots). To the law enforcement profiler reading this, you can now dump the 'right-wing gun nut' theory that you're probably being pushed into believing. Without going into details for security reasons, I back up that statement by directing the reader to crack open a copy of "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross.

2. Sniper boy has not targeted Muslims at this time. Keep in mind (sidebar) that the Muslim community owns and operates many of the gas stations in the D.C. area.

3. Sniper boy is NOT some law enforcement person gone bad. This shooter knows how to infiltrate AND exfiltrate. American law enforcement snipers have little training and little need for exfiltration since their lethal art is protected by the Department of Justice.

4. And for those experts saying this cannot be a 'terrorist' because it doesn't fit the 'terrorist' profile, I should remind them that turning commercial aircraft into skyscraper termination devices wasn't part of a 'terrorist profile' either -- until it happened. So, go ahead and call this 'domestic terrorism', or (as regular Sierra Times readers know) call it what it really is -- war (covert warfare operations).

5. Reports from the latest shooting say sniper boy is not working alone. So, we can lose the lone-nut theory again. In fact, if I recall, military sniper 'teams' have spotters as well as shooters.

As we see the press conferences loaded with law enforcement from the various jurisdictions, we don't see any military personnel. Speculation aside, this is a MILITARY operation, and we're sticking to that story.

And as of October 11, 2002, it's working.

The easy solution is to say that Americans should be armed and ready to rock at a moments notice. I suspect bulletproof vests may soon become 'en vogue' in the D.C. area and not a reason for suspicion. After our first article, we received plenty of quality feedback from Real Americans. That's what is needed more right now -- Real American input.

There are not enough police to police the whole area and if those in this region of the country think the police must protect them, then go stand outside and wait for sniper boy to shoot you next and end your anxiety.

We need to hear from the firearm experts. No -- not the video game junkies. I'm talking about folks with the calluses on the shoulders and those who can smell gunpowder upwind. We need serious shooters to weigh in here.

You can provide your expertise in the matter here:
    editor@sierratimes.com

Of concern on the mind of this writer is the media coverage itself. Like the vanishing A-10 aircraft over the Rockies a few years ago, we are showing every bad guy, Jihad freak, or wannabe legend 'how' it can be done. Regardless if this is just a rogue, or an operative on a mission (I believe the latter), this could get real nasty if things started happening in several metropolitan areas at one time. Imagine, if you will, gas stations around the nation becoming free-fire zones right around sayâ?¦ Thanksgiving.

I'll pause while you give that some thought.

Now, this is why this person(s) must be stopped. The Washington D.C. Area suffered only one hit on September 11, 2001. Law enforcement did not spare them the second hit -- Real Americans did that. That is what's needed here. There are about 8 million people in the Washington Metroplex. That makes 8 million brains, and 16 million eyeballs. To those in the area, we say this:

EVERYONE IS AT WAR -- NOT JUST LAW ENFORCEMENT!

This means the local police should not get in the way if the people start becoming soldiers. This means citizens should NOT place themselves at the mercy of law enforcement. They are already soldiers in the war and they reside within the immediate war zone. The LAST thing police need to do is to start treating citizens as 'prisoners of war'. This only aids sniper boy.

What bothers me is that, by now, I believe police probably have a pretty good profile of the shooter. So why not release this information to the public?

ANSWER: If our suspicion is correct, the minute word got out this may be sniper jihad (or sniper 'team' jihad), the Washington Metro Area would become Beirut, Lebanon over night (more so than it is now). Every gas station, carry-out and even taxi, could become targeted in retaliation.

See, I have been to Washington.

Police are obsessed right now about NOT losing control of the situation. The increasing body count is tolerable so long as the social order doesn't collapse completely. They know -- as this author knows -- the clock is ticking down to a point where someone, somewhere will start taking matters into their own hands.

Am I calling for this? No. I am not a firearm or covert warfare expert. But I do know people and how they react when they feel backed into a corner with no authoritative help in sight.

World Net Daily reported recently that an al-Qaida training videotape, captured in Afghanistan, showed that Team Jihad are not only planning attacks with weapons of mass destruction, but are preparing to take out Americans with drive-by shootings and home break-ins -- typical gangland stuff. The report said the tape was "spending a lot of time training people to carry out attacks the old-fashioned way -- attacks executed by small groups of dedicated personnel equipped with little more than small arms", according to WND.

Real Americans, think back to the gun shows of the mid 90's. Remember the literature table? Our deduction: simply informational material for some, but for the bad guys, written rules of engagement to wage war on Americans. This should help the Real American figure out ways to deal with this dilemma.

OK, enough from us. We've got work to do, folks. Forget about Congress authorizing the President to wage war. Whoever is waging war against us didn't bother with legislative authorization. Read the news report below, and then roll up your sleeves. In short, the Washington Metroplex is under an effective siege at this time. If we don't get on top of this, no doubt it will spread.

This is Real. This is War. These are the Rules of Engagement.

BALTIMORE (AP) - Men who spent their careers studying snipers are giving civilians in the Washington suburbs the kind of advice they once gave to people accustomed to living in the line of fire: Keep moving. Look for cover.

Dark, out-of-the-way spots may be the safest places for people to buy groceries or pump gas, said retired Maj. John Plaster, former Army Green Beret and author of ``The Ultimate Sniper,'' a police and military training manual. He offered the advice Thursday to people in counties surrounding Washington, where sniper attacks have terrorized people for nine days.

``If you look at where the night shootings have taken place, they were well illuminated,'' Plaster said. ``Think about how well lit a gas station is at night when you're pumping gas.''

People striking up conversations in line at the supermarket, with their neighbors, and on hotlines to crisis centers are talking about how to keep themselves and their families safe. Dean H. Meyers, 53, shot Wednesday after stopping for gas in Manassas, Va.,. was the seventh to die in the shootings.

Don Bassett, a former FBI instructor who trained agents to be snipers, said people should make themselves difficult targets. Anyone in an open area should keep moving - especially if the area is surrounded by woods or rolling terrain, he said. Anyone getting out of a car should avoid the most brightly lit areas of service stations or parking lots.........

(too long) Continued...

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Thanks Gunny.....

You've beat me to the Poll I wanted to post about 'SNIPERBOY', as you call him.

Got word the other day, I'm going to spend about 2 weeks in Baltimore soon, traveling. Got me to thinking.

Why NO Anti-Gun nuts in TV right now ???

Cause DC, and maryland have some of the MOST STRICT gun laws in the Nation. This proves THEY DON'T WORK. !!!

But seriously, I am already determining how I intend to move from 1 spot to another, when outside. I'm changing my plans to go sightseeing while there.

Can you RENT Kevlar ????

Terry

Sniper

Excellent post Gunny, it's refreshing to hear a straight-forward opinion fer a change, without all the PC 'Buffalo Chips'.
    I believe once the DC Metro area is sufficently 'shut down', these sniper teams will surface at other Metro areas, and do the same deal. Remember sadman saying right before the Gulf War started in earnest (actual invasion), that he would bring the war to our shores by means of terrorists. Like you Gunny, I have a difficult time using that word--as I believe we ARE AT WAR--all of us as we speak. These sniper shootings have done what 9/11 had intended, instill fear, shut in the population, and effectively shut down the country. They cannot be allowed to suceed.--

No, I do NOT

refer to anyone as "sniperboy" -- the article was written by JJ Johnson of Sierra Times....

DickG

sniperboy ???? Doubtful

I don't believe we are dealing with a sniperboy, it looks more like the work of a well trained Sniper Team to me.

If you look at the facts that have already been made public, it’s not hard to fill in the blanks.

The sniper attacks in the DC area are most likely being carried out by a well-trained Sniper Team, using more than one vehicle, or there may be more than one team.

It’s also clear that the authorities either have no clue or they don’t want to play the Terrorists card right now, and they have good reason not to.

Unfortunately, if this is the work of Islamic fanatics, which I happen to believe is the case, what they are now experiencing in the DC area, will definitely be coming to a city near you in the future.

So what can we do about it? Unfortunately NOTHING

It’s too late – there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do to avoid becoming a sniper victim, it’s the nature of the sniper, he and he alone decides when and where he applies his art.

Why are we being attacked?

Simply stated, America has grown weak in the eyes of our enemy, and the appearance of weakness is in fact weakness.

To our enemy, Americans resemble the English of 1939 who were unable to come to terms with the fact that Hitler wanted them dead.

I’m tired of the debate and I’m tired of all the rhetoric, it’s not about oil, it’s not about Israel and Palestine, it’s not about money and it’s not about politics. It’s all about hate.

There’s (3) generations of Islamic fanatics who have been raised to hate Americans and want us all dead, and all the politicking in the world can’t stop what they have planned for us.

I understand that many do not want War, but, I’m here to tell ya, we’re already at War. 180 + dead in Bali - open your eyes Liberals, we're at War.

It’s time to get downright ugly.

We have only two options, give up & die, or fight.

Semper Fi,
    Bob Neener

Re: sniperboy ???? Doubtful

Originally posted by badbob
    I don't believe we are dealing with a sniperboy, it looks more like the work of a well trained Sniper Team to me.

The sniper attacks in the DC area are most likely being carried out by a well-trained Sniper Team, using more than one vehicle, or there may be more than one team.

So what can we do about it? Unfortunately NOTHING

It’s too late – there’s absolutely nothing anyone can do to avoid becoming a sniper victim, it’s the nature of the sniper, he and he alone decides when and where he applies his art.

Why are we being attacked?

Simply stated, America has grown weak in the eyes of our enemy, and the appearance of weakness is in fact weakness.

I’m tired of the debate and I’m tired of all the rhetoric, it’s not about oil, it’s not about Israel and Palestine, it’s not about money and it’s not about politics. It’s all about hate.

There’s (3) generations of Islamic fanatics who have been raised to hate Americans and want us all dead, and all the politicking in the world can’t stop what they have planned for us.

I understand that many do not want War, but, I’m here to tell ya, we’re already at War. 180 + dead in Bali - open your eyes Liberals, we're at War.

It’s time to get downright ugly.

We have only two options, give up & die, or fight.

Semper Fi,
    Bob Neener
    We are definately at WAR, and not just against al-qeada. The whole islamic nation, wants us gone. My opinion is iraq is horse****, no 'nads, Iran, on the other hand, figgers they got the best of us once with the hostages, they can do it again.
    I've posted before that, we have to be ever vigilante within our own Borders, well, it has come to pass. Homeland security is too new now, and there is not enough time to ferret out all the existing t-cells already in place. Reminds me of Da Nam---You know they are there, just digging em up takes a toll.
    Too many 'complacent' years have deteroriated our defenses, started with the 'peanut farmer, got a break with Reagan, Bush-1 ended in dissappointment, then slick-willie, and his hooligans, gave the store away.---CRAP on HIM-
    People, we be in a sh!tstorm now, I only hope our people have a plan in place to expel/kill/and eliminate our enemies at Home, and abroad.

Registered User Free Member Sniperone's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    As a former Marine Corps trained Scout/Sniper and Scout/Sniper Instructor and a current Highpower Master shooter and recipient of the coveted Presidents 100 award for shooting I think I am almost qualified to speak on this topic.

I do not believe this is a rogue military trained Sniper(s) gone bad, one reason is a trained sniper would NEVER leave expended brass at his shooting position and the police have found expended brass. I believe a trained military sniper would be targeting armed targets or targets of importance...not unarmed civilians.

My belief is that this is a marginally trained terrorist(s) that is doing what he was trained to do, terrorize the civilian population in hopes of destabilizing our government.

If it is not a terrorist, I believe it could be a dropout of the military or law enforcement that is trying to prove that he can do the deed even though he was booted out.

On another subject..a kevlar vest will NOT stop a rifle round,some have ballistic ceramic plates ect. that will stop a rifle round, but they are heavy and very expensive and most likely not available to civilians. well thats my $.02 worth.

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Sniperone,

I think the only one more qualified to address the subject is the sniper himself.

Until and unless he changes my mind, I agree with you.

Semper Fi

yep more that one and nota American..back-up and re-group..if it works well for them in the DC area..wtf we gonna do when they play a city near you. The anti-gun fools wanna restrict American havin weapons...wtf we gonna do against a enemy if we don't have a weapon???

wave and kiss our asses good-bye...muther ****ers need to get their **** together and face facts.. U gonna die if ya can't shoot back.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Exclamation Gunny....

I stand corrected. You were only relaying a post you received, I did'nt acknowledge that.

Kevlar:
    Said with tounge in cheek, but still in my mind. I agree woven kevlar won't stop a GOOD ballistic round, but I never felt .223 had all that good of a ballastic profile, at least not 'off the shelf' type.

There's still a lot more to personal protection, cover, routes, .... I will be AWARE when I'm in MD.

Who it is (terroist, gun nut...) I'll leave to the professionals.

IF... IF it is former Military, then I pray Congress and bleeding hearts DON'T change the way we train our Snipers. A healthy mix of former Military (and guns) in the general population has always been in our favor, to keep this crap out of our shores.

My 2cents..... and change.

Terry

Thread Information