i don't get it!!! - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Relationships depend on the individuals involved.Iwas in the Corps fo 6 years. Will celebrate our 34th in April. I guess I'm just lucky and my wife has a good sense of humor.
    Semper Fi!!!
    vfm

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Marines are, by training and nature, cocky, unpredictable, who are dedicated FIRST AND FOREMOST, to the Corps (at least he really good ones are ). This creates problems when it comes to relationships, which a lot of times become more of a liability than a benefit. I'm on the younger end of the spectrum, and I don't have the benefit of experience that a lot of the Marines here do, but from my limited experience, being a Marine seriously limits the prospective pool of individuals with whom you are compatible over the long term, especially if you're FMF. Exercises, regular deployments, long separations, oh, and by the way, a job that pays you to kill people. I find it completely understandable why a lot of Marines never get married, and why a lot that do (especially young), end up becoming statistics.

I WILL NEVER GET MARRIED AFTER READING THIS DISCUSSION.

ok maybe but wow

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Wait One Minute

Originally posted by Amanda
    hey all. Well all i can say is WOW! No wonder the divorce rate is so high in the Corps. Don't get me wrong I have deep respect for the Corps. I was going to join before i met Shawn, then i settled for becoming a Marine wife.
    OK Amanda - first thing is nobody settles for becoming a Marine wife - you accept the challenge and the love and respect of the man who has brought you into the family of the Corps. If you are "settling" - I have a lot of worry for Seeley.

When you are a Marine wife you wear a lot of hats - life companion and lover are automatic - but, you are now HST, worrying about paperwork, doctor visits. You also become the repair crew - amazing how quickly you get to know all that stuff in his tool bos and what it does.

You are also a member of the Motor Pool - you do not think he is going to get the POV checked over and repaired, do you? Not to mention your training in Logistics, school trips versus the tim9ng of getting him off to deployment.

Hey, PCS time is fun time, or at least that is what my husband and son tell me. And do not forget your other hats, laundry, banker, budget director and the rest.

Of course, when you wear all those hats - when you are the one that finds the boxes that TMO can't - when you find out that you can do all the necessary stuff while he is deployed, but make him think that he is the only one who can when he comes home - when you are the one parent that the school knows - you find out who you are.

Remember, your Marine knows who he is - and when you know who you are, and work with him 24/7, 365 (even though most of that 365 is not at home), when you understand that the Corps comes first (even though he loves you to death), and when you can accept that - embrace it, even - then you are a Marine wife.

Marine wives doe not "settle" - we wanted the best - and we got it.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Only two things come to mind that I can say having read marinemom's entry into the fray; "Wow" & "Yes Ma’am"! (Both rendered at the POA)

Let me please explain, i understand what you are saying and respect it, and completely agree. I guess it came across wrong, i am NOT settling at ALL! I was just attempting to say that I respect the Marines and that i understand that it is difficult. I am NOT SETTLING!!! I am prepaired to take on the challenge and i welcome it. I want to be a Marine Wife. But thank you for your advice!

Seely is a very young Marine at this point. Congrats to him. HMMM money and housing will be tight. I have had many many new Marines with financial difficulty.

Just did not want you to forget that added stress.....Oh the Marine wife. WOW

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Had a buddy just get back from the Island in early November. No sooner had he gotten family day libo than did he propose to his girlfriend. I have to wonder if it's a good call: the "post-boot high" (we've all been there) does strange and irrational things to a Marine's head. Add the additionally well-documented capability of a woman to remove any and all logic from a man's thought process and you've got the potential for some trouble.

'Course, when he found out his paycheck would double with dependent allowances... without thinking about the expenses he's gonna incur... I'm sure that had something to do with it too.

I had a girlfriend all thru boot camp, and when I got back my only thoughts were how many times I could do her, and in what locations. The worst thing for a new Marine to do:

-Get married
    -buy a brand new car
    -propose
    -use illegal drugs

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    TRLewis: I had a very similar experience... had a girlfriend who I thought I was in love with, went to boot camp, realized that it just wasn't all roses, came back, broke up with the poor girl a month after my return. Felt kinda bad for about 5 minutes, then I realized I was being ridiculous and got on with life.

Just apart of getting older, you realize that they aren't the greatest thing that ever happened to you. And the one who is the greatest will accept you thru thick and thin, and wont be packing their bags everytime they think something is going wrong.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ^
    Err.

Originally posted by Amanda
    hey all. Well all i can say is WOW! No wonder the divorce rate is so high in the Corps. ... TRLewis, you said Angel has a stereotype about all Marines, well it sounds to me like you have a steroetype about women. Just an observation. I may disagree with you, however i still respect your opinion and your status as a Marine. And i am sorry about the women in your life that have caused you to view them as so replaceable, kinda like a dog. Women can be horrible, vindictive, and evil to men. But thats not all of them!

I got rid of my third wife, because she burned the beans.

It had nothing to do with the Corps...

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by TRLewis
    I had a girlfriend all thru boot camp, and when I got back my only thoughts were how many times I could do her, and in what locations. The worst thing for a new Marine to do:

-Get married
    -buy a brand new car
    -propose
    -use illegal drugs

TRLewis... Have you ever thought about her feelings? How much she missed you throughout bootcamp... How much she wants to see you after you have accomplished the most important thing in your life? or How much tears she could of shed while waiting for you back at home? Although you really went through hell.. Sometimes I wonder, is that just an excuse to use to get what you want... or is it not?

You might have went through hell mentaly and physically... but have you ever thought of how hard it is to wait.... it seems liek an endless wait but you'll wait anyways... You're doing the action while she's sitting there doing the waiting.. When all she could think abut is you.. How are you going to be like when you come back home? or I knwo it will change but I'll accept the challenge because I love him? In her mind there is tons and tons of question revolving around the issue of how things will be... Of how proud she'll be after you return... but also... how different it will be... Don't get me wrong.... but waiting without any reassurance or anything at all is hard... and when you find out that the only thing that was on your love mind when he return is to screw you... then... it feels that all the waiting that you have done... seems like a waste... because you just want comfort... and to be with your Marine as long as you can until he have to leave again...

We as woman need assurances that no matter how tough it gets everything would be ok..Men on the other hand likes to take action.. When all they had to do was say... "Honey it'll be ok" and give them a hug and a kiss... Woman need to feel that they are loved.. although they might not be the first in your mind... but at least show them that there is more to it.. other than to screw them... otherwise.. we'll feel like we're only an object that you could come and go as you wish... We have feelings and our feelings are more intense than those of men... An occasion I love you is not hard...

Sparrowhawk, is that like the guy who lost three wives...the first died from eating poison mushrooms and the other two from a knot in the head-(they wouldn't eat the poison mushrooms)

Thread Information