Fireside Chat
Create Post
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat

Fireside Chat

Morning Marines, I love winter mornings, it’s Sunday and most of the West coast on this side of the world is still fast asleep. Those of you on the East side of life, well, it’s Sunday and most of you are also still asleep.

Been up since three this morning, set up some Christmas decoration for the family in our living room. The girls call the large room where you enter into our home the living room; I call it the interrogation room because that is where I first sit the guy that comes to take out any of my daughters out on a date. Most never get to see the rest of the house. LOL

Had my second cup of Coffee already this morning, fresh batch is on the stove help yourself to some and come and sit down and chat for awhile, share what’s going on in your life.

It’s not often I get into this mood, wanting company but there are times. I don’t go into chat rooms much or email folks often; guess that’s why Ellie and Jerry and others sometimes call me to ask me to empty out my mailbox. LOL

When I sit down with folks I like to talk straight, some folks put up a screen in front of their lives and so I loose interest in them right away.

While there are personal secrets in our lives that are important for us not to share, its always good not to put up a screen in front of folks of something that we are not. Of course the internet now days has made it possible to know a whole lot about people you meet with not too much of a hassle.

Grab yourself a cup of coffee and sit down. There's a chair here waiting for you.

Waiting for the newspaper lady to drop off the local paper, the Press Enterprise. There were about four different articles in it this past week about issues I’ve introduced or been involved with in the community one of these days I’ll share them with you.

Right now, it a nice clean fresh day and I am enjoying the quite street, and my warm fire. Sometimes my wife comes out early to sit with me (but not on Sunday,) she’ll sleep in for awhile then about 9:00 start to get ready for church and I’ll have to go in and put on my Sunday go to meeting clothes on and repent of all the evil things I’ve done during the week and pray for you all, some of you folks are on top of that list. LOL

Morning Folks

It's cold here in Philly...We been lucky this year and have had unusual warm weather...With the cold upon us, it helps make us be grateful, of all we have....this Holiday Season....

The warmth of the fire Cook sure is a beautiful way to wake up....

I have been up early, but that isn't unusual...I never slept much....

Had a few cups of coffee, placed in some posts, talked with a Friend of mine, which we talk every morning..to see if we are ok...

I still have things to do for the Holiday, decorating,m shopping, baking and that dreaded wrapping...
    My heart isn't completly in it, but I'm making the best of it for my children....
    We have bought a candle(red and gold) to represent Roger...this Christmas...I can say to You all Roger is always around...We still ask for his guideness...and yes, he shows us he is near, when some funny things has happened around the house...Only Roger could do that....

More decorating to do, and going for the tree.....today....

Have a Good Day Marines!

Ellie

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    I generally try to be upbeat and put a postive spin on discussions. But if a polee or potential polee needs a slap of reality, I'll deliver.

After two years at Leatherneck, I've come to see these youngsters as 'our kids'. I've seen quite a few go from, "What can I expect from Parris Island," to "I'm in Iraq now."

Its seems like one minute they are worrying about juvenile issues, then they are our Nation's deadliest weapons going door to door looking for threats.

The wind chill up here in Canuckistan is -5 degrees. But my mind is often reaching out to those in the field in prayers to keep the Faith and keep safe!

Hey hrscowboy, if they let us back in we'll have more than a p-38! It might take a few weeks to learn the new fangle killing machines, but I'm sure we'd be fast learners!

Can I get a shot of Irish Coffee in my fire side beverage?

GOOD DAY ALL

It's a cold crispy day here----this morn had big frost.
    will get even colder by Wed.
    great so see sun shining today--past several days
    have been cool with lots of rain. Don't like cold rainy days.
    Will get even colder by Wed.----but not cold as where
    Yellowwing is.
    Just put a pork roast in oven for our evening meal--
    will slowly cook four hours---can't wait to eat it.
    This is just one of a few things I can cook real good.
    Happy Sunday to all of you.
    Stay cheerful.

nc.gal

Registered User Free Member rockhopper's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    G'morning.

Windy as hell here in Nebraska. Had to go out and clean up the debris from everything blowing around. Trashcans knocked over, and such. I don't really have much planned for today. Have to get the dogs out running around to burn up some energy I suppose.

Wink

Hello from Cheesehead central! As usual it's cold as a "Witch's t--in a brass bra". The temperature in Wisconsin is always hard to take....either we are freezing our tails off or roasting and toasting. Spent the morning after Mass reading the paper then put the roast in the oven. Like to do such a dinner when the Packers are playing a 1515 game time. Sure hope they get squared away after that incredibly poor showing last week. This is Packer weather big time....cold and dreary. Soon it will be "the frozen tundra" time in Green Bay and maybe the Packers will perk up with the colder weather. After being with the Pack all these years Favre is comfortable with the cold. Coming up North from Mississippi is a real adjustment no doubt. He sure showed what a Southern gentleman he is when he showed his new haircut. Not exactly "high & tight" but close enough. Did it for his lovely wife Deanna. No doubt she'll be wearing wigs due to the chemo-therapy. If y'all have it in you, she could use your prayers. She has our families'. Stay warm Cook & Ellie. Semper Fi

With all the personal family problems that poor guy (Brett Favre) has had, I am surprised he can even play at all-let alone win on occasion! He is a real warrior and would probably make a good Marine! My hats off to him...
    (sorry to interupt the weather channel-lol)

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    It's about 55-60 down here in South Florida and the birds aren't even chirping. Darn, it's freezin' down here! LOL.
    Went shopping in shorts, t- shirt and sandals and the folks looked at me like I was a leper. Everybody was in some kind of cold weather clothing. One person even asked me if I was cold and I said," No, Mame...because I'm a descendant of Vikings!" I know, I know ...that was B.S. but it was fun.
    Anyhow I took a swim in the pool. I think that I'm the only person in the neighborhood to use a swimming pool this time of year.
    Tried mixing a can of whole cranberries with two small packages of Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and it didn't turn out too bad. I also mixed another can of whole cranberries , in a blender, with some Motts Natural Apple Juice along with a sqeeze of lemon, some ice and a cup of water. It made a good fruit drink/cooler.
    Look forward to maybe hearing from my sons this Holiday Season. It's funny how it doesn't take as much to make me happy any more.

The weather here in the Show Me State has been mild but getting a little more like winter with a sharp chill in the air.

It's Christmas time and most are shareing the joy of the season but I haven't gotten there yet. I will on the outside with my greetings to others but inside I don't think that I will. Don't get me wrong, I know that I have Very Much to be thankful for and I am! Like many others, I have not yet learned to find happyness even though I live in the mist of love and plenty. I have everything to be thankful for, so why don't I smile inside?

There you go Hawk, requireing us to just be us with this fireside chat. Can I have my screen back now?

Talking

Its windy and a bit chilly in the 20's.
    I feel worst because DaBears losing.
    Had dreams of a "win-out" and a possible play-off spot.
    Someone forgot to tell DaJacguars...they kick some Bears butt big time.
    Well maybe next year...dang we been saying that a lot lately.

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by yellowwing
    [B]The wind chill up here in Canuckistan is -5 degrees. But my mind is often reaching out to those in the field in prayers to keep the Faith and keep safe!

Canuckistan? LMAO I never heard a Canuck call himself a Canuck or his country anything of the sort. You can tell he's still a red blooded American. You crack me up man! Yellowwing Semper Fi and Godbless you brother!

Snip..I've never been in sub zero weather. Our first hard freeze of the season is coming in tonight. It was around 70 yesterday. If you don't like the weather in Texas..wait a while it will change. Semper Fi

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Originally posted by greensideout
    I have everything to be thankful for, so why don't I smile inside?
    There you go Hawk, requiring us to just be us with this fireside chat. Can I have my screen back now?
    I know what you mean Bro, sometimes it’s a love/hate relationship we have with this time of the year.

I saw RickO here yesterday but he visited only for a few minutes. He was viewing the Vietnam files.

Rick must have been standing right next to me when a fellow by the name of Ira Hullihen was killed on New Years Eve. Both Ira and Jerry Ezell were shot by a gook carrying an AK-47.

I met RickO on the Internet a few years back, when he mentioned something about being assigned as an FAO to our unit during the time I was there. I responded and heck if we didn't figure that he must have been standing right there next to me, when Ira was killed. He mentioned that it was saddest time in Nam that he experienced. Ira was a couple of days short of going home.

Yesterday I added some more lights in front of our home and when the girls came home they were delighted and happy to see the added decorations.

With women, it’s hard to tell what they would like, before you get into it. My wife liked them as well as the folks in the neighborhood.

Two young housewives mid-thirty came around while I was outside working and they stopped in front of the house. It was 80 degrees out it’s been that way for two days now and all I had on was my Levi’s and a t-shirt while I was up on a ladder with my back to them while hanging the lights.

“We came around to check you out,” one of them said; (her true words) and while I knew they were talking about the house Christmas Decorations, I almost said something about them being there to check out my butt but I knew I shouldn’t LMAO.

One of them mentioned that the tree in front looked like a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree and perhaps I should named it that. Before I added the lights my wife also had mentioned that the tree did look like a Charlie Brown type of Christmas tree.

Maybe I’ll go find a large red ornament and hang it from the tree, to give it more of that character. Remind folks that Christmas time does give us both sad times and happy times, but inside we are all hurting, for one reason or another because often some desires cannot be met with the decorations of life.

Merry Christmas, my Brothers

Cook

After that comment yesterday

By those ladies...

I went and bought a red Charlie Brown ornament

What do you think?

Should I now invite the neighborhood to decorate it like they did the tree in the Charlie Borwn movie?

It would be interesting... have to think this one over......

Hell Cook,

I'm still decorating my house....but when I'm done i will be right there.....

Great pic's........

Ellie

Thread Information