Army Or Marines?
Create Post
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Army Or Marines?

I have been thinking latly, and even though I still have a year to go before I make my FINAL dissision on what to join (army or marines obvisouly) I would like some input on what you former or current army & marines think would be best for me. I was looking into somthing maybe infantry related:-/? From my knowledge I have heard that Army does have more funding and they get the nice new stuff and have alot more choices then the marines..

(Some of the choices if I joined)-

Army:
    10th Mountain
    Ranger Reg.
    Std. infantry divison (3ID, 1ID, etc..)
    101st or 82nd Airborne

Marines:
    Std Infantry
    or MEU

Thanks..

Registered User Free Member B'hamjarhead's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    If you want the very best training and belong to a special fraternity for life then select the USMC. Just look who is fighting door to door in Iraq. Once a Marine always a Marine.

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    The latest and greatest equipment is just dead weight if your Bro's are not their to back you up!

Welcome aboard B'hamjarhead! What did they decide to do with that big Ironman statue?

Well, if you Aren't Ready for the Marines Yet Kingsize M&M then you go ahead and join the ARMY!
    If you are looking for a specific Job, then join the Army!

If you are looking for the Opportunity to Earn the Title Marine and you want to be Infantry, then the Corps is the place you need to be. The fact of the matter is, not everyone has what it takes to be a Marine and they have the option of the Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard or just staying Civilians if they don't have that Inner Courage and Fortitude.

I read a good article in the San Diego paper about a former Army Sergeant who left the Army and came into the Corps as a PFC. When they interviewed him they said "You were a Sergeant in the Army, why did you give that up to start all over in the Marine Corps?" His reply was "I would rather be a Private having Earned the Title Marine than to have been a Sergeant in the Army."

Everybody has to do what's right for them, so you need to decide if you want to take the hard road or the easy road. Do you have what it takes to Earn the Title Marine or do you want to settle for being a Soldier? That's a choice only you can make!

GunnyL

Credits
    Savings
    Glad to see you made if KingSize, I am sure you will get some valuable input here.

Allow me to be the one who tells you why you would want to join the Army.. The training is pretty easy by most standards, and very easy by the standards of the Corps, When you take your leave from the Army, you are done with it, you are no longer in the Army just take the uniform off and walk away, when you take you leave from the Corps, you are still a Marine, and always will be, it is a lot more than a uniform you can just take off, it is a part of your soul, and for a lot of us, it is one of the best parts of our soul, and it will last and be felt the rest of your life, its something that is hard for a lot of us to even describe, its something you feel and know, deep inside you, we give Honor, Remembrance and Thanks for every drop of sweat, blood, toil, pain, sacrifice, that has been given in the name of the Corps, as a Marine you you feel compelled to protect that legacy, AND future, in the Army, I have seldom even heard of it, so, I guess that is what is meant by a "Army of One", meaning you are on your own, its just for you. After being in the Corps for a short time, you will soon realize, in a great many ways you are in this for more than just yourself, your in this for your brothers who standing next to you, weather you love him or hate him, you will still fight to the last breath to protect him, every bit as much as you would for yourself, in the Army, you are a "Army of One" to me that does say it all, you are in it for yourself, you dont have to lookout for others, just yourself. In the Corps, when you get anything from home, be it something as simple as some cookies, you will feel the need/desire to share them with the Marines around you, even if it means you dont get one, In the Army you probably not be compelled by the same motivation, you will keep it all to yourself, I have seen this more than a few times with my own eyes.

I think most of us if not all of us, have hard time telling you why you should join the Corps, how can you compare the one to the other when there is very little to compare by? it is like comparing a apple to a book, they are what they are, and yet they are nothing a like. I can leave you with this one thought, one of my biggest fears, was.. no I take that back my biggest fear while I was active, was not being there when my brothers needed me, I have found now that I am older, that is, and was, a common feeling amongst most all of us.. Semper Fidelis, is not just a saying, and it is also more than the motto of the Corps, it is a way of life.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Dang Nagalfar very well said, very well said indeed.

Credits
    Savings
    Very to the point Dang Nagalfar. I have one thing to add If a recruit doesn't have the burning desire to become a U.S. Marine more than anything else ; he isn't going to make it and the Corps doesn't want him.
    Semper Fi!!!
    vfm

Thumbs up

Hmmm Army 9 weeks but you only PT 45 of those days while you get 18 days off.

The Army gets their weekends off while at boot camp and if your there during Chirstmas you get 2 weeks off then report back where you were.

Marines 13 weeks non stop of Hell. Then if you Graduate you go on to SOI which is even worse than MCRD, so I have heard.

Its all been said. One road is flat and was just paved so its very smooth. You don't need any help because its straight and there is a Gas Station every 3 miles.

Then the other is not even a road. Its off roading and you never know what will have happen. Will you get stuck and need a brother to help you out. Will you run out of gas and need a brother to refill and moviate you to continue.

I dunno about you I love a challenge. I don't want some silver plate handed to me. I want to EARN everything I get.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    My question is this. Why in the hell are you going to come on a Marine Corps website asking some stupid question like this? Get a grip. If you even have to ask something so stupid on this site you need to go join the Army, the Marines don't want you!

Are you scared of a challenge in life? If so you aren't Marine material. Don't ever come on our site asking some pathetic question like this again. I don't know about my brothers and sisters, but this Marine finds it personally offensive and downright disrespectful for you to even ask such a question. Nasty civilians I swear!

(Some of the choices if I joined)-

Army:
    10th Mountain
    Ranger Reg.
    Std. infantry divison (3ID, 1ID, etc..)
    101st or 82nd Airborne

Marines:
    Std Infantry - WTF IS THIS? Standard Infantry?
    or MEU - If you are with the FMF you will be with a MEU sooner or later!

You keep thinking that an 03 billet is "standard infantry". You have a lot to learn kid. A LOT!

LOL Get'em snipowsky!

Hmm the only thing I know the Marines have is 03XX. There are a couple of them but The USMC O3XX can do the same thing the Army Special Forces can do but better.

As our XO of our RSS told us. We don't need a Fing Mountain Division. In the Marines they do all the Jobs it takes one division of the Army to do. Which is sad because they have the better weapons and we still get the job done so they can occupy what we took.

If you want to wear a special patch join the Army.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I do believe a free fire zone has been declared FTA

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    We don't need some stinking patches or berets to know we are elite. We have the pride of knowing we are the worlds elite and that is enough. Let the Army have their patches and berets to make themselves feel better, important and to boost morale! It's all just a facade anyways! I'm proud just knowing I'm a Marine for life and that's enough for me!

Per The American HeritageŽ Dictionary -

Facade: An artificial or deceptive front.

I hear that Staff Sgt. Jinelson, FTA! And yes a free fire zone has been declared. Take cover Marines!

femalemarine_89
    Guest Free Member
    I have to say that if you want to be a part of a family for life then you want USMC.. Marines are the best of the best....

Credits
    Savings
    Haha ARMY, lol he said ARMY ahahah..........

WEll put it this way you can try and become a Marine or go into Army bootcamp already as an e-1 they do call you a private down thier as soon as you step into Army boot.....

o0orah or hoohaa ?

I chose to oo0orah come graduation time, what will you do ?

Thread Information