Please Read!
Create Post

Thread: Please Read!

Exclamation Please Read!

Hello Everyone at LeatherNeck,

My name is Zer0127 and I was just wanting to let you know that today i have recieved news about a marine from KY Investagator. He told me the following "His name is Mitch Moorhead, He was with the 1st Marines in the March to Bagdad. He was shot 3 times with a 45, twice in the neck and is paralised." Mitch is now in Indanapolis and and I think that he is out but im not sure. Thank everyone who has read this message. Just wanted to inform you on the news. If you wanna know more please private message KY Investigator if you want more info on Mitch Moorhead. I was hopeing that he was alright because I live 60 miles away from Indanapolis. Sorry i didn't mention this but I'm terrably sorry if this is in the wrong section.

Thanks,
    Zer0127

Hi, I'm KY Investigator and a friend of Mitch Moorhead and his family. I'm not a Marine but Mitch has been involved in a very bad situation and I know that his friends and buddies would want to know. Unfortunately, Mitch can't tell me who to contact. Mitch was with the 1st Marines and there are photos of him in "The March Up". Mitch was shot on Thanksgiving night in Carmel, IN. It is believed that he was set up to come to the home of his WIFE's boyfriend and he was shot 3 times with a 45, once in the arm and twice in the neck/chest. He is still alive at this time but his vocal cords have been blown away and he is paralysed from the neck down. He does have moments of consciousness but can only blink. The Carmel Police have requested that NO ONE talk to the media or let them know he is a Marine that just returned from Iraq. They are considering bring charges against Mitch, if he lives. He was UNARMED and there was no evidence of forced entry, which means he was let in by someone. His wife's boyfriend said he shot in self defense when he went for a gun but he was unarmed and in the pocket he was reaching into was his marriage license that he was going to show the shooter. Mitch needs anyfriends or any marines in uniform to visit him because his wife was said to have been telling him in the weeks before his shooting that no one cared about him!!! She was using psychological abuse on a marine that had just returned from hell! If you know of some way to be of assistance to Mitch or his Dad & Mom (Reggie & Susan Moorhead) please give them any support possible. He is in Methodist Hospital ICU at 21st Street, Indianapolis, IN. If you know of any way to bring pressure on the Carmel P D to do a fair job investigating this tragedy, please help!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Shooter: It was self-defense
    By Tom Spalding and James A. Gillaspy
    Indianapolis Star, November 27, 2004

Carmel -- A Carmel resident who shot a man in his home told police Friday that he acted in self-defense after an overnight break-in.

Investigating detectives hope to talk to the wounded man today at Methodist Hospital before deciding to seek criminal charges. He was identified as Mitchell Lee Moorhead, 32, Attica, in Fountain County.

Police said Moorhead was shot by Charles Phillips, 35, a resident of the Old Town section of the city in the 700 block of North Range Line Road.

Assistant Police Chief Tim Green said there was no evidence of forced entry or a struggle in the one-story home, where police found Moorhead bleeding on the kitchen floor.

He said police are investigating the relationship between Moorhead and a woman who was in the house when the shots were fired.

"We believe that there was a connection between the person who was shot and the woman who was in the residence at the time of the shooting," said Green.

Phillips reported the shooting in a 911 call to police about 3:40 a.m. Friday. According to Green, Phillips said he fired at the intruder after the man went for his gun.

Authorities have not yet released a transcript of the taped 911 call. Police found no evidence that Moorhead was armed.

"There were no weapons found on him," said Green.

Moorhead was shot in the chest, neck and arm. He was listed in stable condition.

Thread Information