No Time To Lose!!!
Create Post

Exclamation No Time To Lose!!!

I am a poolee. My ship date is 030603. Now, I want to attend the Virginia Military Institute but I won't return in time for the matriculation which I just found out that every new student has to attend or they have to wait. The matriculation is 030818 and i won't graduate until 310803 .. with going 13 weeks. I am signed reservist and I m on the 92-day program. I have also wanted to do this. To got reserves and then attend VMI. I can't wait until the following year or i will lose 11k worth of scholarship money that I won't be able to get later. Is there anyway around the time frame? Is there a possibility to actually graduate earlier or sooner? I WANT TO GO THROUGH BOOT CAMP. I want to be in the JAG Corps that is why i'm trying to start my schooling NOW. If anyone knows something I don't about the 92-day program which I know really nothing about then please post any information is helpful. THANKS!!

Credits
    Savings

DEP

Dep earlier. The person to ask is always your recruiter.

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow KeyDet

The first course of action is to speak with your recruiter and NCOIC to see if you can ship two weeks earlier. Female shipping occurs every other week for the most part. Backing up your ship date will get you home earlier.

The second course of action is to speak to the MOI (Marine Officer Instructor) at the NROTC unit at VMI. See if there is a way that he can leverage his/her position with the school to get you some type of special consideration in light of the fact you are going to recruit training.

Let me know if one of these options works and how it goes. If it doesn't work, there are some other ideas I may be able to come up with in the time you are exploring these two options.

Congratulations on your decision to become a Marine. You have the right attitude and that will help you to make the transformation into being a Marine.

Thread Information