Looking for Memories
Create Post

Looking for Memories

Good Morning
    Wondering if any Marines or CBs are out there that were on Okinawa April 1945 from 2nd Marine Air Wing or Hospital Corpsman?
    ThanksCarl PH. M.2c?

Buckeye, I will do my best to try and locate one of your buddies but you may be one of "the few and proud" left. As I mentioned to you via private e-mail...I have been to Okinawa 8 times but I am glad I was not there in 1945..Semper Fi and good luck. Gary

Top of the Mornin
    Thanks Gary
    I have learned much on this webb site feel good to be involved with it watched a couple videos on & about the Corps. Have you ever? its something things you learn on computor.
    I was on Yontan & Kadena with 2nd Marine Air Wing i believe Sqd. VMF311 We went through air raids diving for foxholes Sally & Betty Jap. planes snuck in rador with our Marine pilots coming back to base .But our Marine Pilots & the 6th div. Marines line company were the heros the cemetary not far from us i remember trucks bringing them to burial piled on top of each other that left the war memory in my heart forever from Pvts to Officers.I only mention this because theywere the ones I was just a lucky kid working sickbay & drove ambulance when necessary. Thanks for your friendship & kindness extended me.Will send you Pic. of brother Phil one of Iwo Jima hero survivers My wife Jeanne met in Recieving St. Bklyn. She was a wave at Hunter College Gods been so good to us 58yrs 31 g 20 great as i mentioned before
    Buckeye

I'm glad you are enjoying this site. It has been good for me too. Semper Fi Buckeye. Gary

Semper Fi right back to ya
    Buckeye

Will forward email pics hope ya enjoy one of VMF-311 Sqd Hdqs. with boggie s & one of Europe GIS best buddy Ernie Pyles resting place on Ia Shima short distance from Okinawa during operations shortly after he came from fall of Germany.Our sick bay Dr. Lt. Comdr. Farrier took these personally so they are one of a kind from his camera.was from Calif.I had these ready to send & yahoo shut down Dr Watson virus or some computor glitch. Glad im protected by NORTON ANTI VIRUS.
    Later On
    Buckeye

Registered User Free Member Doc Crow's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Carl I am a few years off but had 5 tours to the rock but mine were in the 80's and 90's. I did do 1 Tour with MAG 31 out of Beaufort. Sorry do not know anyone but will throw out some feelers to all the VFW's that I Visit

Doc
    Hey thanks boy you Marines are fast still.Are you referring to Cherry Point Marine Base was there in 1943 had a young friend in Havelock, boy Atlantic beach was neat.
    That is something to behold five trips to the rock.Was allso with Sqd at Atlantic. N.C. Pollocksville, Greenville, most were old 3cs camps converted to Marine bases
    My young friends Mom had a wonderfull black lady that took care of them & helped with housework. I never forgot as a 18 yr old she lived in old shack & you would never understand how rich she was in spirit her husband was heavy drinker but she still read the bible to us with all her problems was rich in spirit I know she has a mansion in Heaven now but she sure inspired me with her tremendious Faith. AmenBuckeye

Thread Information