joining the reserve
Create Post

Question joining the reserve

I am looking for a web page (or anything) that has information on joinnig the USMC reserve.

Anybody have any good links?

(I want to finish College, but I also REALLY want to earn the title Marine. Hopfully there is a reserve program that would allow me to do both.)

Thanks for the time@

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    What you're gonna want to look at is what's called the 92-Day reservist program, which is what I'm doing right now. The 92-Day reservist program (also known as IIADT) is designed primarily for college students, and breaks down your Initial Active Duty for Training into increments that are completed around your school schedule, generally in the summer (usually 1st summer boot, 2nd summer MCT or MOS depending on school seats, and 3rd summer, if neccessary, the other of the two. If you're infantry, or have a short MOS school, you'll do all your training in 2, vice 3, summers).

In between summers, after graduating boot camp, you'll report to a reserve unit in a slot based on your forthcoming MOS and be a member of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve (which means drilling every month, though your AT will be your summer training instead of a 2 week duty stint).

Get in touch with a recruiter and tell him what you're looking to do, and ask about the 92-Day program. Be advised though, that the 92-Day program WILL limit your choices of MOS and pretty much eliminates any possibility of any enlistment bonuses (all of which are minor details, but still, be aware). Also be advised that 92-day slots are generally few, so you might have to push a little bit to get one, dependent on where you are, what the Corps needs, and what your scores are like.

Anyway, hope this helps, feel free to contact me by PM, IM, or email if I can be of any help to you.

- Meyer

Thanks! That is just what I was looking for. Thanks a bunch!

*googles IIADT*

OMG the nightmare has returned Weekend warriors.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    ROFLMFAO@hrscowboy!

What would be better Weekend warrior or nothing?

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Seems like there quite a few of those "Weekend Warriors" eating sand right about now.

And they ARE MARINES !!

I agree, a Marine is a Marine.

Thread Information