Recruit Dies - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recruit Dies

crucible

if you don't mind me asking. But you see i went thru boot in 1969......as i see it the crucible is sort of like the seals training.....in which we don't need DID we copy this from the navy.....i have always thought that WE never copied from the other armed forces......

Registered User Free Member Doc Crow's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    DC I disagree it gives the Marines good, valuable training. I know 2 SSGT's that are DI's at PI and have been to visit them both when this training was going on and it is top notch. It is not much harder then a outstanding MCCRES.

I would like like to know as of this date how many young marines have died from this crucible while doing it or from doing it????

I wouldn't compare the crucible to SEAL training at ALL! I mean really, it is not that difficult whatsoever. I went through it in 97 and unless they re-vamp the entire damn thing which I doubt then it probably wasn't the crucible that killed this kid. Don't get me wrong though, under poor leadership he could've gone down.

The only thing the crucible did was build on team work, make you feel hungry and very tired and sore.

Registered User Free Member COSTAM's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Arrow

ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE, CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I'll agree with SgtJ. To be honest, I enjoyed the crucible... it was the first time we were acting and training like Marines even in the slightest way. I was teamed with good recruits, and my Drill Instructor for the Crucible was the 2nd hat from my platoon and had extensive infantry and SOI background. For the 54 hours we were there, we trained instead of getting screwed with, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Credits
    Savings
    My condolences to this young recruit's family , platoon members and D.I.'s. May he rest in peace. "Marines never die \; they go to Heaven and regroup"
    Semper Fi!!!
    vfm

Thread Information