Insurgents executing wounded?
Create Post

Insurgents executing wounded?

I have just received an email from a Vietnam veteran buddy in which he forwards a letter from a Marine Corps officer. In the letter the officer makes mention that back in April 2004 some wounded Marines were execited by "insurgents" after a rather heavy firefight in which at least a squad of Marine were KIA.

Could this be true? Or is this just an attempt to justify the shooting of the wounded "insurgent" by a Marine.

If it is true that wounded Marines have been executed by "insurgents" in Fallujah, why has the Marine Corps been silent about it? I know the Corps has a policy of not telling the world about casualties in specific engagements for intel purposes, but to keep silent about executions of American wounded by the "insurgents" is a misguided policy.

Although it is a little late, I believe that if the senior leadership in Iraq knows of instances of wounded Americans being summarily executed bythe "insurgents" it is their duty to so inform the people of the United States and the world.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    I wouldn't doubt this is true. Those insurgents are doing anything and everything to win, so why wouldn't they execute our brothers who are wounded in action? They are capable of anything, so why couldn't they be capable of doing this too? They don't have to follow any rules of war, neither should we concerning murderous terrorists!

Its my understanding that the geneva convention only applies to individuals that wear a uniform and are actual servicemen of that country. yet have i seen any of the ragheads wearing uniforms and yet have i heard the new president of iraq say they are fighting for the iraq country so in my way of thinking the geneva convention DOES NOT APPY to these ragheads..

Registered User Free Member COSTAM's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    NO ONE KNOWS WHAT THE GENEVA CONVENTION IS BUT THE GOOD OLD US OF A! NO OTHER COUNTRY IN WAR TIME CARES.

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Because they now, if we came off of the Geneva Convention 10 years from now, people will be asking, what ever happened to Iraq, it just seemed to disappear.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    The Geneva Convention is terrific for theorists and the UN. It is a great concept if everyone accepts its dictates, a terrific guerilla delaying ploy for those that don't accept its dictates.

Credits
    Savings
    I go with the age old saying All's fair in Love and War and this sure as hell isn't Love.
    Semper Fi!!!
    vfm

Thread Information