Question
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question

codyhancock
    Guest Free Member

Question

Question!

how do you tell a Pfc avatar from an Royal Marine 1 Badge?

SIMPLE WAY!

Originally posted by codyhancock
    Question!

how do you tell a Pfc avatar from an Royal Marine 1 Badge?

You put a mirror in front of your monitor! Turn off the lights, make sure the room is dark and the Pfc avatar will glow bright green in the dark.

The Royal Marine 1 Badge? doesnt glow. It will however show the chevron flip flopping but you have to look close, almost putting your nose up to the monitor.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	smileys.jpg‎
Views:	292
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1395  

codyhancock
    Guest Free Member
    it was an honest question, in the edit options under "change avatar"....they look alike....how do i tell the differnce?...........

Yes they are the same

there is no difference in the logos

Since you didnt leave this week, until next week, becaUSE YOUR RECRUITER MESSED UP, I believe we should send you a care package while you're in boot camp.

What do you think you'll need to make your experience more enjoyable, during your stay in Boot Camp?

Let us know what you think you'll need and maybe we can get a package of goodies send to you. LOL

Marine Free Member 3BadgeMarine's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The difference between pfc and 1 Badge Royal Marine 4 Years service.Aye

codyhancock
    Guest Free Member
    You told me to learn more by asking questions, why post anything if you werent going to answer...Im not being rude i just thought it was a sensible question...what would happen if i called them Private First Class and they werent....they would probably be ****ed...

Cool CodyHancock

"WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE"

A little research on your part and you could have answered the question yourself.

The Right Persons answered your question and you didn't even thank them. One just happens to be a retired Royal Marine and the other just happens to be a Viet Nam Vet.

This is the real world, not some protected place like school and home.

You don't know what these Marines have been thru. History books don't tell their story.

You still have to learn the true meaning of "RESPECT" , you only have a few days left.

The Drifter

codyhancock
    Guest Free Member
    with all do respect what better way than to ASK a question to those that have been there and are knowledgeable!
    .......I do thank you sparrowhawk.......

codyhancock
    Guest Free Member
    'We pride ourselves on the service and respect we give interested prospects who log on the website," said Shaffer. "Other military websites do not seem to have the level of commitment and dedication we have in nurturing prospective applicants and members of the delayed entry program. Marines on Leatherneck have been very receptive and encouraging to the potential future Marines. We simply have a great group of Marines who are passionate about being Marines and passionate about helping guide future Marines."
    with this read i am just asking questions that i have not found answers to.........I am NOT trying to be rude.........I am trying to Learn

Answers

Questions in life do not always have answers. Sometimes all anyone can do is give suggestions and advice. What we do or how we process those suggestions and advice determines the paths we take.

With that said, not sure what answers you need. In regards to your question about a Royal Marine badge vs. a Marine insignia, the answer is - Don't worry about it. You are leaving for bootcamp soon and there will be no questions asked about Royal Marines badges. If you have a question, make it a legitimate question that pertains to being or becoming a Marine. If it doesn't pertain to you and what your about to go through, DON'T ASK and DON'T waste Marines time.

Jerry

Registered User Free Member Barrio_rat's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by codyhancock
    with this read i am just asking questions that i have not found answers to.........I am NOT trying to be rude.........I am trying to Learn
    You may not be trying to be rude, however, the "tone" of your posts are. There comes a time, when people with T/I - that is, Time In (both Time In Service and Time In Grade and, in this case, Time In Life) tell you something or make a statement, it would be best to drop it and move on. The question was answered and yet you continue to make comments on it. If the way it was answered was not appreciated, then state that. Do not use smart ass type comments, they are not appreciated by those who are responding to you. Good luck in boot camp, put forth maximum effort and you will do well.

Registered User Free Member gyrene79's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Codyhancock
    Good luck in Boot camp.
    Here's the only advice my Dad a former Marine gave me
    when I left for Boot,,,,,,,
    "Left foot first"
    And the next three months will be the most remembered
    time of your life.

Semper Fi and good luck

Gyrene 79

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Cody,

I came in on the end of this, and I'm not sure what it is all about. However, I sense that you are on your way to MCRD. I envy you. You are on your way to the the most productive, life challeging and life changing experience period you will ever again encounter.

I wish you well.

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Cool HONEST QUESTION....

Can a female go into Combat Photogaphy? I am one of those girly girls on the outside, but on the inside I like to get in the dirt. Anyone have any suggestions on a MOS that fits?

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    Honest Answer.

I'm not quite sure of the numbers, but if there are 180,000 active duty Marines, only about 30 are combat photographers.

Now, male or female, you figure out your chances.

Thread Information