What is Your Opinion
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Registered User Free Member Doc Crow's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

What is Your Opinion

Ok Gang what is your Opinion on this Marine and the shooting or suspected shooting of a wounded bad guy

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    I'm ****ed off he didn't stomp his brains in also! Why do the job half ass? GET SOME IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET SOME!

He was just doing his JOB. And protecting his brother Marines at the same time.

Been discussed lots of places here already, but you cannot punish a man for wanting to stay alove, and wanteing his fellow Marines to be safe.

war means KILLING the enemy. that's what he did.

I am ****ed off and have a 75 year old mother that is flat stomping around house ready to kill anyone talking bad about that Marine that done the shooting.

Chit happens.....and we all know things like this happen all the time, and often thankfully so. ! I suspect most of us feel this was fully justified under the circumstances. Problem, if any, was with a TV camera running; certain to inflame Islamists, the French--who gives a crap--and many weak kneed Americans who have not a clue as to what goes on in a fight.

After being shot at and wounded

and having another Marine killed by a bobby-trapped grenade..

This Marine was angry and itching for pay-back.

Today, if I was there and I was in his situation, with the experience I've had in combat and life...

While the film was rolling, I would have still shot the son-a-b itch, and then probably walked up to him and ****ed all over the guy, and smiled for the camera, then while I re-loaded taken the reporters camera and shot it to pieces and then asked him;

"Any questions?"

Cripes, Sparrowhawk! Take a deep breath and relax!

We are home brother.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Why didn't the Marine just walk up to the enemy, bend over, tap the gentleman on the shoulder and say, "Tag, you're it!" (I wonder if that would have been filmed?)
    What a bunch of bull feces! There was a time when the war correspondents worked hand in hand with the Marine Corps (I'm thinking Tarawa) It was kind of like a trade off; good stories for good publicity which equaled more recruits. No longer is this the case. Maybe there still are good war correspondents but they are few and far between.
    Additionally, the cameraman and correspondent should not have been in there until the area was cleared.

i concur cook i would have done the same thing..

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    what was he thinking? not thinking i suspect. getting caught on camera????????

lots of questions. why were 4 (or however many) wounded left in the Mosque???

i got a quesation. what the hell is more important? us or THEM? when the revolution comes, I am targeting ALL news media. there are just some things the public doesn't need to see live and in living color. If it wasn't for the damn whiners in this country, ( liberals) there wouldn't BE any reporters over theere, and none of this would be an issue!

Ok Ivalis, here is a chance to say exactly what you would have done.

The Marine didn't have as much time as you to think about it so just cut loose.

Whats wrong with reporting it......Those here at home need to see whats going on over there......and what stress in combat does to a Marine......we can't hide the fact that we are in a war....

Registered User Free Member Neil Boucher's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    They had there chance to give up a year ago, let them die.

Thread Information