Visiting the family outside America
Create Post
    Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Question Visiting the family outside America

Hello

Iīm an 18 year old guy from Sweden.
    Iīm going to finish school here, then move to America to become a US Marine.

My questions is: Can I go back to Sweden to just visit my family for a few weeks when Íīm on leave?

I talked to a Marine who said that I probably wouldnīt be able to go outside the US at all.

So will I be able to visit my family or not?
    :qmark:

Thanks

With Great Respect
    Jimmy

well, it would all depend upon your command. I am sure if you had enough leave, you could go anywere you like, with approval.

yes, that is true and oh by the way guess you will not need to waste time on a passport

command will authorize or give the yes or no...In most cases if you have enough leave built up it will not be a problem...just show transportation to and from.....

hope you come to SD..if so when?...I am currently in Kilo but will be moving to Mike for the next cycle. I love to make recruits cry for their mommies

Credits
    Savings
    hey jimmy hows your immigration situation going ? I currently live 25 minutes Canada/US border and its not easy to get a green card...

Anyways im in it for the long haul , good luck Jimmy.

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by ramy
    hey jimmy hows your immigration situation going ? I currently live 25 minutes Canada/US border and its not easy to get a green card...

Anyways im in it for the long haul , good luck Jimmy.
    Okay, I hope everything will work out for you ramy.
    Yeah I know itīs really hard to get a Green Card, but itīs not impossible, as a Marine once told me, if you got it in your heart nothing can stop you!

And I truly have it my heart, I want ONE thing in life, I want to be recognized as a US Marine, I want to wear the uniform of a true warrior, the uniform of a US Marine.
    Thatīs my dream, and America is the land of hope and dreams, so I know that if I give my all and a little bit more, Iīm going to make it. It ainīt easy, I have a long long road to go, first to get a Green Card, then to become a US Marine, itīs loooong and hard work, but nothing is impossible if you really want it in your heart!

I havenīt started on the paperwork for the Green Card yet, Iīm only 17, and by Swedish law I have to be 18 to get those things started, but November 29th Iīll turn 18, so that very same day Iīll give the US Embassy here a call to let them know about me and see what they can do for me.

So thatīs my situation for now...

Good Luck to you as well ramy... nothing is impossible

Jimmy

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Jimmy keep us informed of your quest to be a Marine. When I was in Vietnam I had a LCpl reporting to me that was a Cuban citizen. I was asked to convince him to accept American citizenship so I know tough things can happen. You will be just as successful because you got heart.

Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by jinelson
    Jimmy keep us informed of your quest to be a Marine. When I was in Vietnam I had a LCpl reporting to me that was a Cuban citizen. I was asked to convince him to accept American citizenship so I know tough things can happen. You will be just as successful because you got heart.

Jim
    Roger that Sir.
    I will apply for American citizenship as well when Iīve been in America for a while, donīt know if itīs easier to recieve citizenship if youīre serving in the armed forces, but I will do it either way.

But first I have to focus on how to get to America in the first place

Jimmy

Credits
    Savings
    By the way, if anyone in here has MSN messenger youīll be welcomed to add me, m_mattias@hotmail.com

I really would appriceate it, would be good to have some more contacts and friends when I finally get to America.
    So if you feel for it, feel free to add me.

Thanks

Jimmy

Thread Information