Post those shipdates and MOS's(If you have one) poolees. - Page 50
Create Post
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40464748495051525354 ... LastLast
    20080811 MCRD PI
    03XX-Security Forces (PRP)

Going to love the heat and sand fleas....I doubt it, but I'm from SC so I'm use to the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Afollrod08
    RSSGreecePoolee,

what did you go with instead

I'm going sometime this week, when ever I get my medical records faxed down here from Ohio, but I'm wanting 5811 or 0311, both I've heard were very hard to get.
    Avionics Tech. Should be pretty interesting, I love computers, when they work.

August 25th..... gonna be roasting down at the island.

20081027 - MCRD San Diego

Coming out E-2 (16K), but I suppose I could have just gotten some referrals too and saved myself 4 years of education

Hoping for Aircraft Maint or Comm, but won't know for sure till September or October.

98 AFQT, 16 PU, 95 SU, Run (?) ... getting there.

Leaving 2008 09 08

AG Contract "Aircrew/Flight Mechanic/Navigator"
    It encompasses 6100, 6200 and 7300.

I'm really hoping for an MOS in 7300 because that was my first choice but my recruiter was showing me this was the only contract to get that, and it was the last spot available.

Quote Originally Posted by xpaz

Coming out E-2 (16K), but I suppose I could have just gotten some referrals too and saved myself 4 years of education

Hoping for Aircraft Maint or Comm, but won't know for sure till September or October.

98 AFQT, 16 PU, 95 SU, Run (?) ... getting there.
    4 year degree? Why not just go to ECP?

Quote Originally Posted by RSSGreecePoolee
    4 year degree? Why not just go to ECP?
    Graduated from the University of Arizona in 2006, but thought enlisted fit me a little better. After boot I'll have the opportunity to change my mind and go for commission (OCS) right off the bat, but commissioning isn't for everyone, I guess. We'll see...

Coming out E-2 (16K)
    So your getting 16k just for coming out of boot as an E-2?? I'm going in as an E-2 so hopefully I'll get out as an E-3 or maybe be able to go in as an E-3 with some referrals???? and get out as an E-4

Not really sure how all that works so if anyone does let me know.

So your getting 16k just for coming out of boot as an E-2?? I'm going in as an E-2 so hopefully I'll get out as an E-3 or maybe be able to go in as an E-3 with some referrals???? and get out as an E-4

No, you get E-2 (PFC) either by going in with a 4 year degree (aka 16K) or by going in with 2 referrals, I believe. If you're enlisting, it certainly is easier to get E-2 via 2 referrals than via 4 years of college though

If you're going in as E-2 without the degree, then I gather you've already gotten 2 referrals? You won't get E-3 straight out of Boot (to my knowledge) unless you're the company honor grad, and you certainly won't get E-4 (Corporal) straight out of Boot. But Marine is Marine, so you should be perfectly happy with that E-2!

you dont need a four year degree buddy you only need 15 college credits and that will set you up ass a pfc outta boot and then if you graduate company honorman you can actually get Lcpl. but it will be a tough job to get company honorman work hard and nothing is unreachable bro ya digg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe in the Army, but not in the Marine Corps. You have to EARN the privilege to lead Marines by showing your leadership skills in the fleet.

As to answer your question about how it works is, out of boot you have the rank of Pvt. However, if you can prove yourself as a competent recruit (and probably have guide, scribe, squad leader, etc.) you might be able to pick up PFC, but again, you have to earn it. If you're really good, as in best in the entire company, not just your platoon, you can pick up LCpl.

You can also guarantee yourself a promotion to PFC out of boot camp by several options, such as two referrals, Eagle Scout, 15 college hours, JROTC, etc. Go talk to your recruiter to figure out your options. Not saying that I agree with all the methods to guarantee yourself the rank of PFC, but why pass up the opportunity if it's available to you? Get out there and make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by futuredog
    you dont need a four year degree buddy you only need 15 college credits and that will set you up ass a pfc outta boot and then if you graduate company honorman you can actually get Lcpl. but it will be a tough job to get company honorman work hard and nothing is unreachable bro ya digg
    Thanks for the correction.

No, you get E-2 (PFC) either by going in with a 4 year degree (aka 16K) or by going in with 2 referrals, I believe. If you're enlisting, it certainly is easier to get E-2 via 2 referrals than via 4 years of college though

If you're going in as E-2 without the degree, then I gather you've already gotten 2 referrals? You won't get E-3 straight out of Boot (to my knowledge) unless you're the company honor grad, and you certainly won't get E-4 (Corporal) straight out of Boot. But Marine is Marine, so you should be perfectly happy with that E-2!
    Yeah I'm going in as an E2 because of JROTC, can I get in as an E3 with that and some referrals??

Yeah I'm going in as an E2 because of JROTC, can I get in as an E3 with that and some referrals??
    No, you can't go in as E-3. E-2 is the highest you can get with referrals/school/anything else going straight into Boot to the best of my knowledge. If there's any question, you can always clear it up with your recruiter as well.

You can graduate boot camp as an E-3 if you are an honor guard, no other way to my knowledge. How you get your E-2 depends on your recruiter. Sometimes you can get it from leaving early.
    But back to what this started at
    Ship 20080721
    MOS 0300

may 27th ship date, mos 0313 lav crewman

Thread Information