Posers are always so entertaining - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Credits
    Savings
    Images
    ^
    Hoorah Sergeant... that's some good perspective.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Eaglestrikes I too am a Hollywood Marine and you are right the brain housing group does get forever locked on the jets adjacent to the grinder. I went back to MCRDSD in May no more tents and quanset huts just private condos with personal hot tubs. Went on libo with a second week platoon and their DI down to TJ. Things have really tightened up down there. Sure am glad that when I got to Nam I went TAD to the wing and never left Swing with the wing. LMAO

Sempers
    Jim

Registered User Free Member Eaglestrikes's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Hollywood

Eaglestrikes I too am a Hollywood Marine and you are right the brain housing group does get forever locked on the jets adjacent to the grinder. I went back to MCRDSD in May no more tents and quanset huts just private condos with personal hot tubs. Went on libo with a second week platoon and their DI down to TJ. Things have really tightened up down there. Sure am glad that when I got to Nam I went TAD to the wing and never left Swing with the wing. LMAO
    Pendleton? Basilone Rd? Camp Horno? What was that Mountain we had to climb in full gear and load. I got to carry the base plate for a 60 MM Mortar. It was Horno Ridge I know but it had another name. Ah. What fun... (Not).

Was it "Old Smokey"?
    Where we did our training during ITR...
    Would you believe that they run a 10K race up on Horno Ridge?

Here's what they say;
    The Horno Ridge Off Road Challenge offers the ultimate in Hard Corps Competition in a cross-country 10K. The course begins at Camp Horno, Home of 1st Marines, and winds up, up, up, into the hills of Camp Pendleton. To start your challenge early, the first mile is uphill, over 500 feet of climbing, to the top of the ridge, then you will follow the ridge on a loop course that takes you past scenic vistas along gently rolling terrain.
    HA,HA
    LMAO on scenic vistas along gently rolling terrain!

To view a page on Horno Ridge 10K Run and othe races on Camp Pendleton.
    www.camppendletonraces.com

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

Credits
    Savings

Hollywood

Yeah. That was it. I remember when we got to the top we got a break. Some of em lit up and all you could hear was coughing.
    Everyone was winded. Yeah. Thanks. Marathon huh? I might watch it but if they want me up there better get a CH53 in place.
    I also heard there was a flight center there for Model Airplanes.
    It was scenic. Once you got to the top you felt you could do anything. Saw a lot of Pendleton. Memories.

Talking

Jeez you guys! You must be aware that MCAS Cherry Point was home to many wingers...Mine was SOS-2. There were 2 of us Woman Marines who were "tower talkers". We were usually "blessed" with making the midrats chow run. The guys on our shifts knew the males in the mess hall would give us all the sandwichescoffee, fresh fruit and bakery that was available. If there weren't any women in the tower the male ordered to pick up the chow usually brought just enough sandwiches to feed the number of men in the tower. Semper Fi, dear grunts.

Credits
    Savings

Posers

Golly gee whiz Arlene. Tell you the truth. I never made it to MCAS Cherry Point. MCAS(H) Santa Ana and MCAS El Toro. Mine was a MO (Male Only) unit. No women. If they were in the towers we never saw them. The only time I saw a WM was at the MC Birthday Ball in El Toro. She was a 1st lt. Said yes maam and that was it. Bet you were a good tower talker. You have to be. Requires a great deal of patience. Nice to meet you. Semper Fi.
    The Few The Proud The Marines.

Registered User Free Member decuervo's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Every time I run into an ex-Marine they almost always tell me they were in SSP or Recon. Idiots, why can't they be proud of what they really were? I was a lowly 0351 SMAW gunner, hell, it's as good as a sniper (plus I didn't have to be as accurate to kill someone, any shot close to them and they're a nice red mist) Anyone remember the hill called Sheep Sh*t in SOI? It was that steep one to the left leading up to Old Smokey?

Registered User Free Member CPLRapoza's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My dad talks about Sheep$h!t and Mount Mother****er alot, though I have never been up either. But I did hump up cardiac in 29 Palms, that was good enough for me.

trust me Rapoza, the names of those mountains were well earned

Registered User Free Member decuervo's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks Rapoza, wanted to make sure that the hill wasn't only a figment of memory.

An Air Winger Here ,
    Air Dale or Grunt,
    Housemouse or DI,
    CO or **** Bunner,
    We all say Semper Fi!

It don't matter.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Sgt Rapoza those are the two names that I remember. Old smokey was there also, all part of my ITR memories when I was with Quebec Company.

Thread Information