Posers are always so entertaining
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Posers are always so entertaining

This was a response to a question asked in regards to a draft discussion thread on another site I post on... the user's name was "Navyman"

Not sure what the bootcamps are now but when I was in the Marines bootcamp was 16 weeks and when I was in the navy bootcamp was 12 weeks.
    Wow... you'd better believed he's already been called out, but I thought y'all would get a kick out of this one.

When the heck was the guy there? Navy Boot 12 weeks? longest I have ever heard it being was 8 weeks for navy.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs down LIAR LIAR!

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE! LMAO Freaking poser!

Credits
    Savings
    Well, back when I was a super-secret-scout-sniper-seal........ I can't talk how long my basic-boot-recruit training was, because it's tippity-top SO secrect / confidential.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Thumbs up I love wannabes!

Ha ha Rich I was with that Navy Seal Ranger Marine Delta Force Parajumper Coast Guard unit too!

We did tippity-top SO secret/confidential missions in that one third world country remember?

Credits
    Savings

Re: I love wannabes!

Originally posted by snipowsky
    Ha ha Rich I was with that Navy Seal Ranger Marine Delta Force Parajumper Coast Guard unit too!

We did tippity-top SO secret/confidential missions in that one third world country remember?
    Oh yyeeAHHHH, it's ALL coming back to me now! The counter insurgency thingy-deal! That was a tight one, for sure! I thought we were gonners, until you whipped some of that super secret martial arts on that un-named platoon, against just us two!

Thanks for being there!

Wingers just wouldn't understand..................

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I meet a guy in a bar one time that said he was a Marine so I asked him what unit he was with and he said 1st platoon. Naturally I asked 1st platoon what and he again responded 1st platoon. If your gonna pose you would think you might research a little. Nimrods

Semper Fi
    Juim

Credits
    Savings
    It's crazy, most Jarheads have met posers. I never have. A friend of mine here in Colorado, has a Marine in his unit (MACS-23) claiming he was a sniper. The good Sgt, is gonna sniff out the facts, and get this guy reamed!

How come no one ever poses as one of us WAY cool Winger types is beyond me! ;>)

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    How come nobody poses as one of us machine gunners? Hell I wish I was in the Airwing, my knees and back would still be good to go.

I always envied Airwingers Rich if it makes you feel any better Marine! Most of us Grunts did!

Wingers were in Nam two years before the gunts.

First to fight? LMAO

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by snipowsky
    How come nobody poses as one of us machinegunners? Hell I wish I was in the Airwing. My knees and back would still be good to go.

I always envied Airwingers Rich if it makes you feel any better Marine! Most of us Grunts did!
    A med retired Jarhead friend of mine here was a machine gunner, then a TOW Marine. His back is screwed! He took a digger down the side of a hill in Oki while training after the 1st Gulf War.

Talk about funny, he's a Grunt that is now an Electrical Engineer.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    Heavy guns will do that! Especially if you are humping a Ma Deuce or patrolling with a MK-19... some bright officers idea one time trying out something new for Marine Corps Headquarters.

The MK-19 always kicked my ass, thank God we didn't have to hump with it. I would have refused to lug that thing anything over a mile or more for sure! My neck still hurts just thinking about that day! Ugh!

:::Walks Away ****ed Off:::

LOCK ME UP IN THE BRIG SIR! lol

Know why no one ever poses as an air winger? cause most of the Idiots out there who would do such a thing aren't smart enough to know that The Marines HAVE an air wing

Credits
    Savings
    Originally posted by HardJedi
    Know why no one ever poses as an air winger? cause most of the Idiots out there who would do such a thing aren't smart enough to know that The Marines HAVE an air wing
    Flying Grunts! Who'da THUNK?

Registered User Free Member Eaglestrikes's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    My Boot camp was eternal. (9 weeks) in 1966. I confess. I am a Hollywood Marine.
    The sound of those Jets coming in, and going out, are for ever locked in my mind. The Naval Training Center was at the end of the runway across the bay. They probably got it worse. They were in the Flight Path. We were slightly off to the right on incoming.
    Any way I took the super secret, don't ever tell anyone, it's so secret we are not telling you, course on 1833's at Camp Del Mar. That is AmTracs. When I got to Nam I expected to ride. Wrong. The super secret, we are not going to tell you group took over and I humped. Carrying an M60. Go figure.
    As to Air wing. Second Tour. Switched from 1833 to 6055. Hydraulics/ Pneumatics. Got back to Nam. Figured I'd fly. Did. Door gunner. M60. Crashed. Got to carry it. Dam.
    Well I finally got the highest rating possible. DBR. (Destroy Before Reading) I figured that was enough, so I left, after Twenty Years of BOOT CAMP. Twenty years the Marines spent preparing me for the roughest time ahead. Civilian Life. Now I am an 03 Tax Payer. Yay for me.

Thread Information