What next? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What next?

Congratulations Marine !!!!

Wearing moto shirts is a sure way to be made fun of. If you're gonna do it just don't do it around base. Off base its fine but everyone already knows you're a Marine on base. other than that if we told ya what to expect it would spoil all the embarassing fun you might get to have before you get to your unit. I learned by experience. You'll definately become more comfortable with time

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    That new guy syndrome is everywhere in any organization. You are priviledged to have earned the right to be a part of the best.

Getting 'salty' is a totally different matter! Just keep yourself squared away and take the ribbing. Stay motivated no matter what sh*t work detail you are volunteered for.

Maintain a 1st Class PFT, work to fire Expert, work on your uniform religously. When you get to the fleet enroll in MCI courses. Always stand with and help your fellow Marine.

That will get you promoted and a tad more respect. When you are a salty Lance God, it will be up to you if you want to carry on the ribbing of fresh Marines.

The funniest one I've heard was, "PFC, go ask the Gunny for 100 feet of flight line!"

Even officers are not immune to taking humor on young Marines. This old Mustang Captain told us about one encounter he had with a PFC ground crewman after a MAC flight from Hawaii.

"Hey PFC, can you help me with my bag of sh*t?" The PFC immediately bounds forward and answers, "Yes, Sir!"

The Captain then hands the PFC a human waste disposal bag bulging with feces!

But.....once you become a little salty....its more fun to pick on the new LT's.

Whats the difference between a PFC and a 2nd LT??

The PFC has been promoted!!

Thread Information