questions... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: questions...

weekends off what is that crap? Maybe in the new Marine Corps but it wasnt like that in the Old Corps..

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Weekends off? WEEKENDS OFF?? WEEKENDS OFF??

Surely you jest !!

That does remind me of an incident back when I was finishing my tour and was assigned to a Reserve unit.

The unit spent a weekend at a nearby Army base to use their ranges for firearms qualification. (This was in the late 60's.)

We were utilizing unused barracks that were located in a recruit training area for the weekend.

While on a short break, we were approached by a group of obviously fresh Army recruits who struck up a conversation with us. (Oh yeh, try THAT at either MCRD while you are a recruit.)

Being polite, we were asking them what they thought of basic training so far, and all they could do was whine and b*tch about not being able to go into town for the weekend.

Asking how long they had been there, they advised they were in their THIRD week of basic. THREE WHOLE WEEKS OF ARMY BASIC, AND THEY WERE BELLYACHING BECAUSE THEY COULDN'T GET A WEEKEND PASS.

Well after we wiped the tears of laughter from our faces, we proceeded to launch into them about having to spend THIRTEEN weeks at MCRD (either one) without seeing one civilian face, let alone getting a weekend "pass".

After a few "Awwww, poooor babies", we had to get back to work, but we laughed about that one the rest of the trip.

They had it soooo tough. Yeh!!

Guess that's one reason we are the MARINES, and they are - well - the Army.

Originally posted by cajunguy
    Weekends off? WEEKENDS OFF?? WEEKENDS OFF??

Surely you jest !!
    I jest not! This Candidate was able to explore Quantico, engage in conversation with some retired majors and use a local cafe's internet to check stocks.

Of course I spent the rest of my free time studding my knowledge.

holy craps what has the Corps come too..

Originally posted by hrscowboy
    holy craps what has the Corps come too..
    That is why the Enlisted side is more important then the Officer side. The Gunnys really run everything.

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The Corps has come to be the best damn fighting force in the history of warfare.

Today's Marines are smarter, faster, and deadlier than ever before. Tomorrow's Marines will be even better.

That's the uniqueness of the Marine Corps. We only get better. We as an older breed of Marines have ensured that this will forever be the case. We have led, we have forged, we have succeeded, and we have fallen ~ our young Marines will learn from those who have gone before them, and then do it better.

Stagnant: not growing or changing; without force or vitality.

On a humorous note: In digging through all of my old publications, I find that the complaints of Marines today are the exact same as Marines of yesterday.

Today's Marines gripe about the Gangbangers joining the Corps.

How many of you were around complaining when the Beatnicks were joining the Corps?

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    Weekends off? WTF is he talking about?

Not Parris Island, that's for DAMN sure!

Thread Information