Uncle Sam Will Soon Want Your Kids - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    oooooooooooooorahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i got your back on this one sgt smitty...

I understand the frustration. I hope the rain stops for you..there is no stress relief like getting that wind in your face. FREEDOM

Sgt. Smitty
    Guest Free Member
    Amen gbudd

Credits
    Savings
    I chose to be a Marine for eight years, and I choose to be a contractor now. I've been in Baghdad most of this year, and I'm headed back on Sunday.

No one 'took the best years' from me. I have enjoyed it, and I wouldn't change a thing. What is happening is good in Iraq. We really don't think about or discuss failure. Probably because there's just too much damn work for that kind of conversation.

I'm sorry SSgt gbudd if it went wrong for you. I know it does for some.

I'm with Rich. No ne TOOK my best years. Hell, at 18 or 19, you aren't smart enough, no matter WHAT to be having your BEST years. LOL

anyway, I chose to serve, and would do so again in a minute if my body were still able. as for my kids? tell ya this much, if there were a draft, and my kids ran from their DUTY to the country whose protection they have LIVED UNDER, then they would NO LONGER be MY kids. plain and simple.

and don't TELL me that I would not follow through with that. I have, in the past stopped speaking to my oldest brother, simply becuase he got 1 DWI. Been almost 12 years since I last spoke to him.

With the exception of Vietnam, The United States Marine Corps has never participated in the Draft. Even when we were at our largest size during WWII, we were an all volunteer service.
    The Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps all met their Recruiting Goals for FY2004 with the Exception of the National Guard Component of the Army. With the way they are miss-using the Guard, I can fully understand that. But there is no need for a Military Draft right now. The only reason we are miss-using the Guard is because the Army's Manpower Management sucks.
    Now if Kerry wins the election, how many Military people do you know who would follow him knowing he has no convictions and doesn't support what they are doing? You get Kerry in the Whitehouse, you are definitely going to need a draft to fill the vacuum that's going to exist. And he wants to increase the Army by 2 Divisions plus an additional Division plus of Special Forces. Think about it! Kerry is going to NEED the Draft!

Never thought of it that way, GunnyL, but you are right. Hell, just look at the number of Bush supporters on here Vs. Kerry supporters. I am SURE that that is prettymuch representative of how most of the military, and people who are GOING to join the military feel.

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    Uncle Sam can have my kids...

I just dropped them off at the pool. They might still be there!

ROFL

well if kerry gets in hardjedi will be ready to reenlist he likes to fight just read some of his posts... hahahah

Hell, I have AL:WAYS been ready to re-enlist, like I have said before, the back just won't let me

Sgt. Smitty
    Guest Free Member
    Dam Jedi......a DWI is no reason not to talk to family, he was just one of the unlucky ones that did somethin stupid and got caught. Let he who is without sin cast the first stone, and I don't think there is anyone here who can throw out the first one. No one is perfect, and a DWI is a long, long way from being a hardened criminal. My father got one years ago and i still love and talk to him.........not a big friggin deal, talk to your bro. and you will be surprised. Semper Fi, carry on.

i threw out the first stone once and somebody picked it up and threw it back at me.. just dont understand that.

it's a matter of beliefs with me about the DWI thing. I feel that there is NO difference between driving drunk, and firing a gun randomly into a crowd. Hell, I broke my best friends JAW once for showing up at my house drunk, because he had driven himself over.

You HAVE to have a set of beliefs and rules in this life. And if you compromise them for ANYONE, then they aren't really beliefs and rules at ALL are they?

I have done things wrong in my life, sure, but not against any of my personal beliefs. And if I did against someone else's I would fully expect to pay the price.

Thread Information