Help
Create Post

Thread: Help

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Help

I will have the honor of celebrating the 229th Marine Corps birthday on Nov. 6th by attending the RS San Fransisco Marine Corps Ball. Got my ticket yesterday and getting fitted for a tuxedo this afternoon. The only hitch is I have lagged on ordering mounted mini medals since I only got the invite yesterday. Does anyone know of a website where I might be able to order and get by Nov. 6th? MCCS Camp Pendleton has about a 5 week lead time and Sgt Grit has many of them on back order due to the Ball. If worse comes to worse I will wear my mounted ribbons a shootin badges that I wore on my uniform 33 years ago. I am excited about this oppritunity since I havent been to the real deal since 1973.

Semper Fi
    Jim

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Thumbs up

Thanks bro its a done deal. I knew that if anyone knew, it would be someone on this site.

Semper Fi
    Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Another question from a "boot," if I've got just the National Defense Service Medal, is it good to go out of the Yellow Box for wear on my blues, or do I need to have something done in the way of mounting?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    LivinSoFree, You should wear your medal or ribbon on your blues if one is all you have then no mounting is required just pin it on . I have five so there is a mounting procedure, precedance order. Speaking of the National Defence Medal when I was on active duty it was refered to as the fire watch ribbon bcause you only had to be serving to get it. I spent alot of weekends in Chaple Hill reconning the college chicks when I was stationed at Cherry Point down New Bern/Havelock way. Incidently I liked the before and after flix you posted yesterday it was like boy to Marine in quick time. The MCRD's are still putting out a quality product.

Semper Fi
    Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Much appreciated Staff Sergeant... and I assure you, the quality of the, ahem, scenery, has NOT decreased, or if it has, then I can't imagine what could've possibly kept you from going UA down here.

Semper Fi
    Meyer

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Hey Meyer, the thought did occasionally cross my mind and as I remember I was awarded 2 weeks EPD (extra police duty) for missing monday morning muster once. heh heh heh heh

Semper Fi
    Jim

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Must've been worth it!

Registered User Free Member Fred Pfeiffer's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Jim,

I sent you a private E-Mail on this, but wanted to get your attention ASAP, I noticed that you are currently on-line, so I am asking here in case you look.

Could you contact me about the tickets to the Marine Corps Ball?

See you private mail.

Semper Fi,
    Fred

Thread Information