Dress Blues - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dress Blues

Credits
    Savings
    Actually we have the BEST uniform no matter which one we wear. Marines look the best in all of them.

Hey anyone know what a set of blues cost now???

Credits
    Savings
    Around 300.
    If I can find my cash slip I will be able to give you the exact amount I paid for mine.
    The above price includes everything, Barracks cover , Blouse, Trousers, collar emblems, stripes(E5), hash mark(1), Web belt, Buckle, Gloves, Shoes.

Credits
    Savings
    I should have added that this was at cash sales in Quantico, VA.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Actually, you can get off a FAR sight cheaper by ordering through MCCS online. I just ordered my FIRST set (as birthday ball is approaching, and I've gotta get 'em to the tailor) online for 166 bucks and change, with 7-10 day shipping. However, I have noted that the coat is backordered... anyone here affiliated with NEXnet or MCCS and know how long it'll take to get that order fulfilled?

Coat? Is there a coat with the Dress Blues? Maybe I was out of uniform not having one. Hummm, don't think so.

LivinSoFree, did you mean blouse?

I wore mine to a friends wedding, and I dare say I was looked at more than the wedding party!!!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Roger that, greenside, I was reading the nomenclature off my order receipt, and the good 'ol brain housing group failed to kick in there. Thanks for the check.

Credits
    Savings
    What is the web site URL for MCCS?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    http://www.usmc-mccs.org/uniforms/

That'll take you directly to the online enlisted uniform store (officers still have to order by phone).

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Actually the "coat" or "jacket" is the proper terminology. A "blouse" is a shirt - either worn by itself or underneath the service alpha coat.

http://www.usmc-mccs.org/shopping/catalog5.asp

Put mine on one time and that was at love field airport in 1967. Just came in from ITR on a short pass before shipping out for Nam. Wearing a Marine uniform in Calif in the 60's was not a good idea so you just got out of Dodge as soon as you could and jumped into your civies (high n tight still gave you away). I was still proud to be a Marine regardless of what the west coast people thought of us at the time. I still have mine and I can still get into them. No doubt the best uniform on the planet. Semper Fi

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    Hey gbudd, my Senior Drill Instructor in '83 told us about how he came a cross a hippie wearing a Dress Blue blouse. After a few minutes of "convincing", he talked him into giving it up!

Originally posted by enviro
    Actually the "coat" or "jacket" is the proper terminology. A "blouse" is a shirt - either worn by itself or underneath the service alpha coat.

http://www.usmc-mccs.org/shopping/catalog5.asp
    Actually the "coat" or "jacket" is NOT the proper terminology, but I'll try to find something to agree upon---uh,---oh yes, the "blouse" can be worn under a coat.

But what is worn under a "blouse"? The Dress Blue Blouse is worn over a tee-shirt, right? If you remove the "blouse" you are out of uniform, right? If you remove a "coat" you are still fully dressed and remain in uniform, right?

I'm glad that we can now fully agree.

Let's take this exercise one step further.

I would not order my Dress Blues by asking for a coat, pants and a hat. Here's why.

Coats are worn over a uniform in cold weather. (What if it's hot?)

Men wear trousers. Under the trousers they wear skives. Both have a fly. (Useful).

Women wear pants. Under the pants they wear panties. (Well, sometimes. Men don't mind when they don't.) (Neither have a fly).

A hat is worn by civilians and other branches of the military. (Sometimes hard to tell apart).

Marines wear a cover. (Always looking sharp).

So---The order would be a blouse, trousers and a cover.

Sempers,
    GSO

Thread Information