Poolee logo
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poolee logo

Poolee logo

I've noticed there have been a lot of Poolees who put the private logo, due to no other option...is there anyway we could get a logo to depict the poolee?

We are starting our steps towards becoming Marines, we have made our own commitment towards completing that goal, and should be able to show it with pride as well as others.

There is a Flag......That is what most wear.............

the drifter

The flag is designated as friend or family...so are you saying the poolees are the same as friends and family?

Robrt H

Might I say on your behalf:

OOPS!

Why would I say oops. It is a valid responce. There is a difference between a civilian, and a poolee.

A.) An oath
    B.) A Contract
    C.) A decission to server ones country by being in the armed forces

Oops I think not.

Friend

A graphic for poolees is a good idea and I will work on one.

As for poolees being the same as friend or family, the answer is "YES". The oath and committment are great. Yet until you graduate from bootcamp, you are still a civilian and a friend of Marines.

Once you earn the title you will understand. Good luck in your quest. When do you ship?

Regards,
    Jerry

Originally posted by RobertH
    Why would I say oops. It is a valid responce. There is a difference between a civilian, and a poolee.

A.) An oath
    B.) A Contract
    C.) A decission to server ones country by being in the armed forces

Oops I think not.
    While I agree we should look into a possible poolee logo, to help us see whom we are typing to more than anything else. For our benefit not yours.

The papers you signed, oath or contract don't mean a thing until you hit that parade deck after you have completed your training.

Many have signed those forms, taken that oath, and made a decision to serve, and never followed through, because they couldn't heck it or some other reason.

So maybe a flag is appropriate, wear that with pride, that tells us a lot more than a logo would.

My Opinion is No to a logo.........
    Things are not given to people on a Silver Platter you must Earn it...

A You have not been sworn in. You are still a Civilian.

B A contract can be broken..Have seen it done, by poolie and wanabee's....

C. There are many civilians that would Love to serve there Country but can not....

Until you take the final oath on the day you leave for bootcamp you still are classified as a poolee/civilian/wanabee no if ands or butts about it........

thedrifter

codyhancock
    Guest Free Member

sparrowhawk

sparrowhawk, that was a damn good response.
    Ive been reading alot of your posts, and you have
    alot of intresting comments. I to am a POOLEE and i
    to had a Pvt. ranking on my name, but i was soon
    corrected. But i do agree i havent earned that title YET
    ....but i do have to say that i have taken the oath and
    been sworn in and i think there should be a symbol for
    POOLEE. Sure its not a Pvt. or any other ranking, but
    i take pride in being a POOLEE thats more than what
    alot of people can say so i think for the pride of POOLEE's
    and for the sake of confusion of others a symbol would be
    sensible
    POOLEE Hancock

Re: Poolee logo

Originally posted by RobertH
    I've noticed there have been a lot of Poolees who put the private logo, due to no other option...is there anyway we could get a logo to depict the poole?

poolee logo 4 ya kiddo > enjoy..

try this Man. [url] Signature Imagining Service..in the search box

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Arrow There should be a distinction

I agree with the future Marine. There should be a logo for those who have raised their hand and volunteered to serve. These kids are not civilians and not yet Marines. It would be nice if they had a logo so when we post replies or give feedback, we can see that they are members of the DEP. Thanks for your initiative Jerry.

SF,

firstsgtmike
    Guest Free Member
    I don't know if it was Marine Corps wide, or just in the 12th MCD, but in the early 70's, when a pool was sworn in, he had the "opportunity" to earn a poolee jacket, through assistance to his recruiter or referral enlistments.

It was a warmup type jacket and I'm sure it had a logo of a sort on it.

Also, there was a DevelPup program, but I don't remember the details of it, and THEY had a logo.

I think the poolee jacket was and still would be a good idea, with it's own distinctive logo. The poolees "earned" it and wore it with pride at school.

It was one of the things that made "poolees" stand taller than the DEPS in the other services.

Semper Fi

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings

Lightbulb Just a thought....

Maybe YELLOW FOOTPRINTS for a Poolee Logo.

It would lets us know they are in the wings, WITH INTENT, but also remind them of the STEPS they are preparing to take.

Just a thought, but the was a neat idea too

Terry

Sixguns & Shaffer QUESTION?

How are we to know the difference?

Many can come in here and say they are a Poolee, grab hold of the logo, post it with their name and perhaps we will be inclined to be softer, or firmer on them, because of that designation next to their names. We will begin to treat them different when they really haven’t earned anything yet?

We have had some that have come in here, which were not what they say they were.

I would not support a new designation for them. The American Flag is a great symbol of their pledge of loyalty. They are nothing (as far as Marines go), until they finish the course, which we all had to.

Meanwhile we will give them the same courtesy as any civilian who supports or is a friend of Marines, when we see the flag next to their name.

Anything more than that will only encourage them to think of themselves differently than others in this stage of their lives when they are not.

Otherwise it will be as if we at Leatherneck.com have officially recognized them as future Marines when we have not. Only that they say they are.

What’s next a different logo for spouses of Marines, for children of Marines, and lets not forget one for “Suzy?” if you knew Suzy, you would know what I mean. LOL

I apologize for any comments that may seem to be dishonorable or whatever you would like to deam them. I do NOT want things handed to me on a silver plater, I intend on earning them. I have EARNED my right to be a Poolee, how ever insignifigant that may be. Yes I'm not a Marine yet, but I'm squared away and ready to get there. You want proof? I'll be more than happy to send you copies of my paper work....even the nice one I got yesterday...Electroincs Communitcations...5,000 bounus...initialed, signed, and done. Be advised. I do not fu&( around. I have completed every goal I have set before myself, I have done whatever I have set my mind to it. This will be no different. I have worked while I've been in the DEP, I carry pride for that. I'm proud I'm doing what alot are too afraid to do, and all I ask is the right and priviladge to show that...

Thread Information