Kerry's Self-inflicted Purple Heart wound
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Kerry's Self-inflicted Purple Heart wound

This deserves its own thread..

This really bugs me....

Self-inflicted wound was the cause of Kerry's 1st Purple Heart

I usually don't speak in military subjects....So Please excuse me Marines......

This is BS...........

My opinion

Ellie

Yes - it is BS - but really, really BS.

Anyone who has ever been awarded any commendation, be it Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Air Medal, Silver Star - whatever knows that one does not put oneself in for any commendation. It is recommended by a superior officer, goes through the chain of command and is verified.

At least we know what Kerry was doing during the VN war whiule W was hiding out in Arkansas dodging his TX ANG duty.

Can't you people think of anything better to do?

anything better than bashing on that freaking weenie Kerry? hmmmmnnnnn NOPE! sorry Sir, but that pretty much tops my list.

Amazing that god would waste skin on trash like him.

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    As of 2142 Eastern time, the link is SUSPENDED !!!

Wondering WHY someone would CENSOR an article of this caliber. Maybe the 1st ammendment is important only when it's on YOUR side.

Or maybe the 'TRUTH' won't really set you free.

Or maybe if the TRUTH hurts, it should.

Or maybe if you are ashamed of your past, you should stay out of public scrutinity.

Or maybe.....

Outside of Nashville, TN. Work in FOB Louisville
    Credits
    Savings
    2156, tried it again, just for Sits and giggles....

It's up. 21 pages.

Terry

Your pardon, Major.

Actually, doing whatever I can to see that John "Fonda" Kerry, isn't elected to the Presidency, seems a good use of my time. Even something so small as posting to a discussion forum.

Truthfully, I could not care less whether Kerry's awards were earned, or not. Don't care who put him up for any of them, either.

What I do care about is that he returned from Vietnam, and set about becoming a traitor, who gave aid and solace to our enemies. I do care that he has been honored by that enemy for his contibution to their cause.

For that reason, and others, it makes my stomach turn thinking that this p.o.s. could even think of being Commander In Chief!

Whatever "Dubya" did, it pales in comparison to Hanoi John's considerable efforts to undermine our country during the Vietnam War, and the Cold War. He was, and is, little more than a stooge of the communists. Who, by the way, are still not exactly our friends. You gonna feel safe having Kerry, negotiating disarmament with the North Koreans? I ain't.

First, who is this Purple Heart Hunter?
    Next we're getting to the criteria for someone being awarded a Purple Heart.

Here's that criteria;
    While clearly an individual decoration, the Purple Heart differs from all other decorations in that an individual is not "recommended" for the decoration; rather he or she is entitled to it upon meeting specific criteria.

(1) A Purple Heart is authorized for the first wound suffered under conditions indicated above, but for each subsequent award an Oak Leaf Cluster will be awarded to be worn on the medal or ribbon. Not more than one award will be made for more than one wound or injury received at the same instant or from the same missile, force, explosion, or agent.

(2) A wound is defined as an injury to any part of the body from an outside force or agent sustained under one or more of the conditions listed above A physical lesion is not required, however, the wound for which the award is made must have required treatment by a medical officer and records of medical treatment for wounds or injuries received in action must have been made a matter of official record.

(3) When contemplating an award of this decoration, the key issue that commanders must take into consideration is the degree to which the enemy caused the injury. The fact that the proposed recipient was participating in direct or indirect combat operations is a necessary prerequisite, but is not sole justification for award.

(4) Examples of enemy-related injuries which clearly justify award of the Purple Heart are as follows:

(a) Injury caused by enemy bullet, shrapnel, or other projectile created by enemy action.

(b) Injury caused by enemy placed mine or trap.

(c) Injury caused by enemy released chemical, biological or nuclear agent.

(d) Injury caused by vehicle or aircraft accident resulting from enemy fire.

(e) Concussion injuries caused as a result of enemy generated explosions.

There's also this its not recommond that a Purple Heart be awarded for self-inflicted wounds, except when in the heat of battle, and not involving gross negligence.

Now the last part says "except in the heat of battle, and not involving gross negligence."

Even a little scratch or cut suffered while underfire and it requires treatment by medical personnel might mean that the person suffering that scratch or cut might be awarded a Purple Heart.
    Some might use that to get a Purple Heart and still be legal under the criteria for a Purple Heart.
    Have we forgotten the "Three Amigo's" from Kosovo?
    They were awarded Purple Hearts for bruises suffered when they were taken POW.
    Because they met the criteria for being awarded a Purple Heart...
    Its where your standing what your view is.
    Would we take a Purple Heart for a self-inflicted wound suffered while underfire?
    Hades NO!
    Done that...

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

PS I still carry the place where stitches were used to seal the cut I suffered by my stupidity on open Illum round canister.
    The Corpsman stitch me underfire.
    Later he told me that I could be award a Purple Heart because that wound happen while we were taking incoming rifle fire.
    I used strong lanuage to tell him that there was no way that I would accept that Purple Heart.
    Many had lost limbs and life getting their Purple Hearts!

There's a world of difference..

Originally posted by MAJMike
    Yes - it is BS - but really, really BS.

Anyone who has ever been awarded any commendation, be it Purple Heart, Bronze Star, Air Medal, Silver Star - whatever knows that one does not put oneself in for any commendation. It is recommended by a superior officer, goes through the chain of command and is verified.

At least we know what Kerry was doing during the VN war whiule W was hiding out in Arkansas dodging his TX ANG duty.

Can't you people think of anything better to do?
    Where can you substantiate that Bush was hiding out?

They both served, and I respect them both for doing so, but you are right there is a difference.

There is no doubt in my mind that if Bush been called to action, he would have done so and would have served with honor. How he has handled 9-11 and the war and the concern for the military shows where his heart, mind and spirit is. We don’t change that much.

Bush joined to be a pilot because his father had been a pilot and had been shot down.

Kerry joined for political reasons, he went and served and committed crimes by his own admission that would have landed a Marine in LBJ jail.

He came back and protested against the war, like he protested his assignments in Nam, we don’t change much. I wouldn’t have trusted him in battle,

Kerry served on a swift boat because JFK was on a boat.

Bush got an early out to be involved with the American political process. Kerry took an early out to get involved in the communist agenda, meeting with our enemies in Paris, and bringing back their goals to the streets of Washington, while our men were still fighting the war.

I can think of no better thing to do, then to educate other veterans about this men that discraced the honor of those that served with honor in the Vietnam war.

I'm Cook Barela, and I approved this message.

MillRatUSMC

I too, carry a scar in between my eyes from a 45, that accidently exploded in my face.

No Purple Heart there. Of course, we also weren't taking in-coming at that time and it was a 45, but a 45 whisky bottle that broke when I fell into the trench line. LOL

Credits
    Savings
    Im with you Cook, (ya I know long time no see) and MajMike,we both fought to have the right to speak our minds,and my mind tells me ,I da** sure wont vote for that POS kerry, 4 mo in country,3 PH,1BS,and 1SS, yes I would have and probably did shoot VC running away,BUT I DA** SURE DIDNT GIT A SILVER STAR FOR DOING IT,nor did anyone else I know of,Audie Murphy I believe,john fonda kerry i dont,and he wants to keep business in the US,tell that to the Hienz Co. ALL of thier companys are outside the US, course Im sure if that were mentioned to Ms kerry,she would tell us where we could put it.

Wait just a da** minute here now gentleman whats this rumor running around that bush could not pass a flight test exam is that bull**** or the truth.

What worries me most is that 250 plus vietnam vets that served in the swift boats, don't trust him. Not 2 or 3 guys, hundreds. Every single vet especially Nam Vet have earned their right to be heard. There are a lot of questions being asked of Kerry and no-one is answering. If Kerry truly is for the Military and supports our men in women in uniform, answer the questions of those who served along side him in the Swift boats. Don't ignore the very unit that you hail makes you a WAR Hero.

Majmike: If you truly think that this is not a worth while dicussion then I don't know what to tell ya. It bothers me that "W" was put to the fire and prove his record. He put up ... It is my understanding that no-one as been able to dispute that with facts, so they shut up. Should Kerry not be kept to the same scrutiny. HE is making his military service HIS biggest asset. 4 months Major. I wasn't there so I hold back some of my scrutiny trying to give the benefit of the doubt, but when those who served with him come out in force...??? Even the guy who's life he "saved" has never spoken with Kerry since he left Nam, up until the campaign trail started that is. Some friend! Really shows Kerry cares.

Kerry spent more time protesting the war and trying to build his career than he did IN the war. I served in the Gulf and am close to those who I served with, as I'm sure many of you are. Kerry is an untrustworthy scammer. Check his record immediately after the US started relations up with Vietnam again..... great that his cousin got a government contract with Nam. hmmm

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    One sunny day in 2005, an old man approached the White House from across Pennsylvania Avenue, where he'd been sitting on a park bench.

He spoke to the Marine standing guard and said, "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry."

The Marine replied, "Sir, Mr. Kerry is not President and doesn't reside here."

The old man said, "Okay," and walked away.

The following day, the same man approached the White House and said to the same Marine, "I would like to go in and meet with President Kerry"

The Marine again told the man, "Sir, as I said yesterday, Mr. Kerry is not President and doesn't reside here."

The man thanked him and again walked away..

The third day, the same man approached the White House and spoke to the very same Marine, saying "I would like to go in and meet with
    president Kerry."

The Marine, understandably agitated at this point, looked at the man and said, "Sir, this is the third day in a row you have been here asking to
    speak to Mr. Kerry. I've told you already that Mr. Kerry is not the President and doesn't reside here. Don't you understand?"
    The old man answered, "Oh, I understand. I just love hearing it."

The Marine snapped to attention, saluted, and said, "See you tomorrow!"

Angry

What still bothers me about psuedo-hero kerry is the fact that while he was doing his protesting and kissing jane fonda's butt, he was still an officer in the Naval Reserve. I think his status as an officer was still in tact when he was consorting with the North Vietnamese - he even made the wall in North Vietnam and was hailed as a hero and helped North Vietnam in their victory? I think that would qualify his status as a TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!!!

kerry is a self-serving idiot and could take Stan Laurel's place as a comedian with Oliver Hardy. I keep expecting him to reach up and scratch his gord like Stanley did.

I can just see kerry chasing down that wounded Viet Cong, shooting him in the back and then putting himself in for an award for valor. HE MAKES ME SICK

Thread Information