Multi Portable Flame Weapon M202
Create Post

Multi Portable Flame Weapon M202

Heres a question coming at all of you 0351s....has anybody fired this weapon in training i believe that i saw one before 1973..jarheads it has been along time but i remember firing one while going through training as a 0351..it fired H.E. W.P.and a small Flame or something like a small Napalm projectile..you had to pull it on either end to extend it...it was a square thing 4 shots to the weapon...you took the end caps off. the trigger flipped down from the housing so did the sights...does or do any of you 0351 remember this weapon which had a short life span in the Corps.....

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    We still use the M202 - "Flash" is a common nickname given to this weapon by the troops who use it. The US Army officially classifies it as a flame weapon. It is found only in special units and certain National Guard units. The M202 is and is somewhat dangerous to its gunners, since the WP filler is very volatile and the rockets are fragile. HEAT and CHEM clips for this weapon are extremely rare, produced only on an experimental basis. The weapon is automatic, firing one rocket per second unless the trigger is released.

The M72 Light Anti-Armor Weapon first debuted in the late 1960s, and has since fathered numerous revisions and imitations. Even nearly 80 years later, the LAW concept is still in use in countries around the world for putting hard-hitting anti-armor capability into the hands of the basic infantryman at low cost. The disposable aluminum-lined composite collapsible cylinder contains a single 60mm rocket-propelled projectile with a shaped-charge warhead with secondary fragmentation effects.

A reloadable 4-shot version in a pepperbox configuration is also available, called the M202 ($4000, 10kg). The M202 is typically loaded with 4 60mm rockets with incendiary warheads (x24/x8, 8/12m blast radius, $100ea). All other weapon stats are identical (minus Disposable).

Requires 1 action to prepare launcher for firing.

I have seen this weapon the M202 at CLNC on the firing range where we used to fire the 106s...i was told by an individual that the M202 came out in 1975-1976 if thats the case then i might have seen the proto type ...in 1972....hell it could have been at KMAS.hawaii in 1973.....damn thats to far back to remember....

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You probably saw it - it was made in the 70's

thanks for your answer bro.....mouse

Post M-202

While I was in The Marine Corps was having trouble with the firing mech. When you pulled the trigger all four rockets would fire. some Marines were injured.

oooooh ya can say that again...any way have a good one.

I shot a M202 Multi-flame weapon in 1975 at Quantico during training. We called it the Multi-flame weapon and you could fire 1 or all 4 pods at once.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You Squeeze the Trigger You Pull it it Pulls You

Thread Information