Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: President Bush

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    The American Revolution - Freedom of religion was an underlying cause

The War of 1812 - Contiuation of the American Revolution

Mexican-American War - The Mexican-American War was the first major conflict driven by the idea of "Manifest Destiny"; the belief that America had a God-given right, or destiny, to expand the country's borders from 'sea to shining sea'.

The Civil War - too much detail, but religion was an underlying cause in relation to whether or not owning slaves was christian or not.

The Spanish-American War - I'll give you this one

The Korean War - Communism as it relates to religion is very similar to the crusades. Pushing ones thoughts and beliefs onto another group of people. I catagorize communism as the same because the goal is the same.

Vietnam War - see above

Desert Storm - everything they did was "God willing"

Operation Enduring Freedom - everything they are doing is "God willing" (I really hate that phrase now)

From the Byzantine-Muslim War of 645 to today's conflicts in the Middle East, religion has played a powerful and critical role in most wars throughout history. This cannot be ignored. People get together in organized religion and start condemning other religions and other groups of people. Often times, this leads to violence.

HEY! and don't forget Alexander the Great in 336 BC. the spread of Helenism? and western thinking? so the idea of war and god predates most modern concepts of religion by a few centuries, at least.

War and God are pretty much inseperable.

It isn't a "Christian", or American, concept by any stretch. Geesh, there have been umpteen Gods and Godesses of war in umpteen polytheistic religions. All three of the current "great" monotheistic religions have inumerable, references in their religious writings and holy books to war, and "fighting the good fight".

It's moot, bordering on silly, to even get into an argument over whether religion plays a part in human agression. It always has. Always will.

Right now, if the U.S. wants to take the high ground and claim this isn't a religious confrontation, well fine. Whatever floats your boat, or aircraft carrier. Trust me, it IS religious confrontation to the Muslims!

And, no matter what any of you think, God loves my Denver Broncos, much more that He/She loves any other team...

BRONCOS!! What pure and unadulterated BLASPHEMY! you'll smoke a turd in hell for that one Radio! LOL

Registered User Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I am voting for Bush also. It scares me to think what Kerry would be like.
    Sometimes I think he would be like Raegan. What do you gentlemen think
    about Kerry? It is so good to hear you gents talk like that. That is exactly the
    point everyone is missing-they came and bombed the Towers at the World Trade
    Center killing nearly 7,000 innocent people. What do they think we are
    supposed to do? They are murderers, fanatics and a threat to world peace and
    democracy. I say get them all! God bless our troops and what they are doing
    and what they stand for. Like the sign says, If you love your freedom, thank
    a vet!! I support our troops always in the past, now and in the future.

Originally posted by HardJedi
    BRONCOS!! What pure and unadulterated BLASPHEMY! you'll smoke a turd in hell for that one Radio! LOL
    He/she sure wasn't looking out for them in this years draft, but he was definately looking out for the Lions. We have a great year ahead of us, unfortunately, I'll miss most of it since I'll be in boot during most of the season.

Anyways, GO LIONS!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Diem, Ky, Thieu, catholics from the north installed as leaders of a buddist south by the USA in RVN. Got to be some religious issues there.

Thread Information