President Bush
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: President Bush

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up President Bush

The media didnt cover President Bush very well when he was contemplating war with Iraqi. Bush Declared War on Terror. DECLARED WAR ON TERROR. The idea that there MIGHT and had been SOME proof of weapons of mass destruction only added to it. The media blew that part up. Put that straight on the spot light. And since than many have taken THAT to be the sole reason why we attacked Iraqi. WAR ON TERROR. Saddam was a terrorist. If you think different than you need your brain checked. When President Bush stood on the carrier with the Banner Mission Accomplished. The mission was accomplished Saddam Hussen was removed from power. Saddam being removed from power was only a battle. One battle won. Although the battle was won the war carried on. When the United States would Police the streets of Iraqi with the Iraqi Police whenever shooting would start the Marines would look around and the Iraqi Police would eather have ran away or would have joined the other side. Now when the shooting starts and the Marines take a look around they have Iraqi Police with them fighting for there freedom. Fighting for there rights. Fighting for there country. Since 9/11. Since the War on Terror. How many terrorists have you seen running down OUR streets? On American soil threating the lives of the citizens of this great country? NONE THIS American sleeps peacefully in his bed at night because the Men and Women of the United States Marine Corps and Other Military branchs fight for my PEACE FREEDOM AND LIBERTY

Thank You President Bush

Thank you MARINES

Thank you other Military Personel

Pel

Amen i could not have said it better! i agree completely and i am voting for Bush this next election!

Marine Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Terror is a tactic, not an enemy.

Our current enemies use terror as a tactic. Declaring war on certain terrorists is more like it.

most of you know me, and know that I support Bush,( at least over the alternatives available)

And I thank god every day for my brothers and sisters doing what I can no longer do.

I have deveolped, recently, a certain amount of dislike for the word "terrorist" though. To me, they should just be the enemy. plain and simple. Not rebels, not insurgents, and DEFFINATLEY bot terrorists. The reason I say this is complicated and I probably won't be able to fully explain this the way I want to here, But I shall try.

First , remember this. History is written by the victors of a conflict. At one time, if the word existed at the times, I am sure that the American people of the original 13 colonies were labled as terrorists, or thier equivilant of that day and age, at any rate. Just think about that.

Lables are POWERFULL things, and often can give someone a degree of ligitimacy and power that they otherwise might not have had.

See, I knew I wouldn't be able to fully explain my feelings on this. Oh well, just know, to me, the people we are fighting are the enemy, and that's it.

Registered User Free Member enviro's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Terror is a tactic, not an enemy.

Terror is BOTH Ivalis - don't put a liberal spin on this - we all know what "is" is - Clinton is out of office, now -

a person who inspires fear or dread; "he was the terror of the neighborhood"

www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

Originally posted by HardJedi
    I have deveolped, recently, a certain amount of dislike for the word "terrorist" though. To me, they should just be the enemy. plain and simple.
    Darn straight! Strip away all the labels & BS and that's what's left - THE ENEMY.

I think the word Terrorists should be replace with murders, they do it just for political gain or a ideology . They have proven they have no problem killing innocent people when it can give them the spot light or acheive some political goal. They aren't extremist muslims, they are just plain murders!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yellowwing
    Guest Free Member
    "extremist muslims" - yup, that is too soft of a word. I've seen some Chrisitan extremist that burn the occasional Ozzy Osbourne album, but they do not murder people.

I love Bush, I am a hard core republican, a true conservative, and a devout Christian. All of that being said, many, many people have been killed in the name of Christianity. The Crusades come to mind right off hand. Being too extreme in anything is dangerous. There just happens to be very few Christians that are that far off center, while it is common in Islam.

Credits
    Savings
    I can't think of too many wars that were not started or fought in the name of someone's God.

Registered User Free Member Pel's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    well enviro how about some of these?

The American Revolution
    The War of 1812
    Mexican-American War
    The Civil War
    The Spanish-American War
    The Korean War
    Vietnam War
    Desert Storm
    Operation Enduring Freedom

Fought in the name of freedom

Credits
    Savings
    Notice a trend there Pel? Those were all wars that Americans fought for freedom in.

A tiny smidge of wars in comparison to all wars in the history of mankind.

and ALOT of these wars, while not STARTED about god, had undercurrents of religion in them.

The American Revolution? People wanted the freedom to CHOOSe thier religion, instead of having a monarch tell them who to worship.

Any war against Communism, or the spread of it? WEll, Communists are athiests, are they not? NO god at all. and how many times have we heard " god fearing Americans?"

And the last one is just silly. Might not be about god from OUR point of view, but to them, it is.

Do you really think you can claim Operation Enduring Freedom wasn't started by religious zealots? Can you really try to claim that Muslims didn't start the war? Did you forget about what the action that brought us into the war? Have you forgotten about the Islamic Terrorists that crashed airplanes into the Pentagon, the countryside, and BROUGHT DOWN THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS?

Try getting a copy of any videotape that was taken on September 11, 2001. I think you need a wake up call.

Thread Information