anyone remember Seeley? Check out how he is doin'
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone remember Seeley? Check out how he is doin'

Hey this is amanda, Seeleys girlfriend! He is at bootcamp right now in San Diego! He left on june 29th! He wanted to get comments from alot of you! I am going to print it out and send it in my letters to him! I am sure alot of you remember him! He was rather outspoken! : ) Anyways, I know how much he liked being on Leatherneck! All the Marines and future Marines! please give him a comment! He misses home and OH MY GOSH i miss him SO much! Thanks!

Amanda

-----------------
    "I refuse to tip-toe through life to arrive safely at death" - unknown

Well, Seeley, hope you make it there. and another thing. Ask your senior if he'd like to go out for a beer after Graduation. they love getting those kinds of invites LOL

LOL. We know who you are Amanda, and yes we remember Seeley. It's only been about a week.

Lots of luck, Seeley. Give 'em hell!

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    What about giving up Seeley's address so we can write him ourselves should we like?

Time will pass, although I would not care to do it again at this point in my life he will have a good time watching the planes take off from the Airport. Trust me you will live while he is gone.....

Seeley,

Hope all is well. Go to the pit for me (for ol times sake). Remember to give your Senior Drill Instructor a hug before rack time - you'll get on his good side. Good Luck.

Mike

Amamda...we remember you and Seeley. I'm sure he is beginning to wonder why he chose the Marine Corp at this point. Write to him but do not send him anything other than mail. Tom...I remember the airplanes and also the squids just waking up after we where out on the grinder for an hour or so.

do some bend and thrusts for me.....good luck. Hope you are in third Bn...

snipowsky
    Guest Free Member
    Seeley keep up the good fight! I know it's hard from time to time at boot camp. Been there done that, but trust me in time it will be over. You will look back and think this went by fairly quick. Just hang in there and kick butt. Study as much of your nomenclature as possible... i.e. your knowledge. Listen to what your D.I.'s are telling you. Their main job is to make you the killer Marine you will be. I remember you from your posts before you left. And I wanted to wish you the best of luck and Godspeed.

Just remember what you are going through many, many thousands of Marines have done before you. What you are experiencing is natural. Fear at times. Home sickness. That's all a part of boot camp. Since you just formed with your platoon I know things are really difficult for you, but trust me in time things will level off and get a little bit easier. That doesn't mean it will be a cake walk by anymeans.

I'm looking forward to seeing you back here on Leatherneck.com as a Marine.

You are making your nation proud! Not everyone has what it takes to be a Marine, but you are on track to becoming one. I don't know how you feel about religion, but God played a huge part in my becoming a US Marine. Go to church at Parris Island, you'd be surprised how much support you will get from him. Every sunday I looked forward to going to church for my emotional inspiration. It will help you with the home sickness some if you are experiencing that. Give it a shot just once. You will see what I mean.

You have it in you Seeley just bring it out! Don't be afraid to be a leader. Your D.I.'s want leaders, not followers.

Semper Fi Seeley!

Registered User Free Member arnoldyG/2/5's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    No matter how tough it gets, it is only 13 weeks and they can't keep you there forever. Work hard and always remember the reasons you wanted to become a Marine. Graduating from boot camp is still the most meaninfull accomplishment in my life ( ahead of getting married and graduating from college)

Good luck and Semper Fi

What about giving up Seeley's address so we can write him ourselves should we like?

: ) Of course i will post his address..... as soon as i get a letter from him! He told me before he left that he wanted me to do this! So as soon as i get his address i will give it to you all : )
    and yes i am planning on surviving while he is gone! : ) Thanks guys keep em comin!

Seeley, when you feel tired and rather weak.
    Think of those that were there before you.
    If they could do it, so can you.
    It never wears off, we might hang up the uniform.
    But what inside of us, will never wear off.
    I was trying to write a poem of a young enlist Marine.
    In 1966 or a little later.
    He's a replacement, I speak about the fear he feels,
    My next thoughts were that he was mildly surprise.
    How fast the training kicks in.
    You will re-act to what you have been instructed.
    I'll break away from the norm,
    Of those seeking that you do something to get in trouble.
    I rather hope that you will go through boot camp, without being in your Drill Instructor's eye.
    As you see, I still refer to those men wearing the "hat" as a Drill Instructor, never as a "DI".
    The training never wears off.
    Till, I greet you into the "Brotherhood" of those that had the privilege of wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor, the Emblem of our beloved Corps

Semper Fidelis/Semper Fi
    Ricardo

Seeley, make sure to ask for your sun tan loition and sunglasses .. Hollywood Recuit.

lol.....

If you find a pair of BCGs in the pit next to the recruit PX, they're mine and I would like them returned!

Thread Information