A Thank You!
Create Post

Thread: A Thank You!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

A Thank You!

After reading soo much post on the forums about Vietnam Vets, I came to realize how ungrateful people are of the millitary. Sometimes as human being, we take to many things for granted and does not take the time to realize what others had done for us. Instead we keep on demanding and asking over and over again for the things that WE WANT and never a Thank You was given after we received it. I realized that if it weren't for all the millitary personel that served in the United States Arm Force past and present, this country wouldn't have been a place it is today. What the millitary did was stabilize this country and made it possible for others to continue to live their lives as they live today. This country is a great country with many opportunities all in part due to the Arm Force. So now I understand the motives and the duties that every single millitary personel have to fulfill. And for this, I would like to take this time to Thank all of You, The United States Marines Corps, and to those who served for the United States Arm force past and present for the continuation of effort that you put forth into fighting for our freedom that we have today. Thank You all soo much...

Your VERY welcome Angel, like all of the Marines on this site we served our country with honor and pride, not because we had to, but because we wanted to. SEMPER FI!!!

Thank you Angel...Semper Fi...I remember coming home from Vietnam and it was like you did something wrong. However as a Marine I really didn't care what they thought. I was glad to go and would gladly go do it again. Thanks again for the Welcome Home. Semper Fi

Well, I am not a vietnam vet by any means, but I too, appriciate your thanks and gratitude. I did wht I did, and served, because of what was inside of me told me that is was something that I HAD to do, not for any other reason, but it is still nice to hear that someone appriciates the sacrifices of others.

Registered User Free Member cjwright90's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Thanks you, Angel. Like Jedi, I am not a Vietnam Era veteran, but served proudly anyway. Would I do it again, if I could? Not just yes, but He!! yes!

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    No Thank You all!

Originally posted by HardJedi
    Well, I am not a vietnam vet by any means, but I too, appriciate your thanks and gratitude. I did wht I did, and served, because of what was inside of me told me that is was something that I HAD to do, not for any other reason, but it is still nice to hear that someone appriciates the sacrifices of others.
    Not all of us could have been Vietnam Vets.
    I've gotten what amounts to apologies from friends and aquaintances of my generation who did not join the service and served time in Vietnam.

What matters is the gratitude for the sacrifices the men & women made in Vietnam from those whos ideals we were protecting.
    The MUCH bigger picture includes not only the individual, but the many loved ones left behind to live a life without that individual.

Angel, I am sure that your post of thanks means a hell of alot to us.
    I know it does for me.
    Thank You !!!

Arlene Horton
    Guest Free Member

Talking

Angel....here's another BIG THANKS for your note. We all lost dear friends in 'Nam and all have brother Marines who came back from that hell with not only physical injuries but also with PTSD. One of my very dear friends returned with the above but also with a Silver Star. He earned it but continued to have trouble accepting the fact that many Marines in his group didn't return home to their families. From me, for my friends and brother Marines I would like to add my thanks and SEMPER FI!

Thread Information