What happens to us?
Create Post

What happens to us?

Now i know that when a guy goes to basic, he usally has a girl who promises to be there for him when he gets back, and usually she ends up cheating on him with his buddies. But what happens to the girls who are true to their Marines? It is a known thing that women throw themselves at men in uniform? How hard is it to stay true to your girl at home and what are the chances of it working out in the long term future?
    but overall how hard is it for young men over seas to ignore all the other women and remember the one back home?

"I refuse to tip-toe through life to arrive safely at death"
    - unknown

Women around bases do not "throw" themselves at Marines. For the most part, they want to avoid them. It is when he is on leave, or liberty, quite some distance from base that you might need to worry. But, since most Marines don't wear uniforms in those situations and since he should be going to see you, I don't think you have much to worry about. As for it working out in the future, the vast majority of all relationships end. Sometimes they work out, usually they don't. That doesn't change just because he is a Marine. As for going over seas, most Marines are stationed "state side" unless deployed. That means that probably won't be an issue. And, the women in Oki aren't what most men dream about anyway. So, just relax and enjoy life. Besides, the statistics I have seen show me that it will be you that wants out of the relationship, not him.

hmmmm
    not sure i should write in here right now, but here goes
    I saw the faithfull husband get cheated on, and I saw the dutiful wife with her heart torn in two. Ya just gotta try and have that ever elusive faith

Marine Friend Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Hmm.. I say just dont worry about it and enjoy the moment.. If you keep on thinking about it and having doubts in your mind whether or not it would work.. It wouldn't work.. However, if you live your life day by day and living like it's your last moment then it'll work.. It's all up to you and what you have to offer and vice versa.. But just like what HardJedi said... HAVE FAITH.. it'll keep you going and it'll last as long as you have the faith..

Credits
    Savings
    HERE'S MY VIEW...MY HUBBY WENT AWAY THE WEEK AFTER WE WERE MARRIED! Well, he and I both went our seperate ways from then on. Thank God!! You do things on a whim when you are insecure. Just another oops to use as a lesson to the future grandkids!
    I don't think anyone is ready for a lifetime commitment if they are not mature and ready to make sacrifices. It has taken me a long time to realize this. Once you find that person you are compatible with, you want to be monogamous because you actually care about their feelings and you don't feel the need to wander. Wander lust is just that...lust. It has no basis on real feelings. It says more about you than your partner. Having faith in yourself is more important than having faith in someone else or them having faith in you.
    As a young Marine 19-20, I didn't have to be "faithful". There was no Johnie at home. So I lived my life to the fullest. Better to get that out of your system before settling down. Forever is a very long time especially if you don't take it one day at a time.

A smart Marine will know when he is lucky enough to find a girl who loves him and is faithful. He'll be true as well because he knows it is hard to come by nowadays. If he isn't smart enough to realize that, then there isn't much the girl can do.

If this has anything to do with you and yours, don't worry. I think he realizes what he has.

Arlene Horton
    Guest Free Member

Unhappy

I certainly can relate to losing my Marine because I was far away and his buddy and his wife set things up so he could meet and get acquainted with a girlfriend of his buddy's wife. She did a number on him...told him what she planned in her future as a nurse. Sounded very "high minded and moral". Also told him she was planning to convert to his religion and was in the process of learning about what she needed to do to convert. Little did I know that she was at his friend's house every time he made a weekend visit. Soon found out though. Oh well....It happens, I guess.

thanks thats encouraging!! : ) i trust seeley! I just know that military men have plenty of oppourtunitys to ...well you know! i just know that i believe in him and want him to follow his dreams and i will always be here fo him when he comes home!

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Amanda, speaking as a 38 year veteran of Marine marriage and parenting, it is not the Corps, or the deployments that are problems in realtionships - it is the people in the relationships.

Seeley is a good young man and has decided the Corps is his destiny.

If you are that concerned about his actions outside of that destiny, maybe you need to re-think the relationship/

no i trust him and i will not leave him i just wanted to know what it was like for young Marines over there!!! I trust him! Do you know seeley from this website? Are you the one that contacted his mom robin seeley? cause if you are he said nice things about you!

Thread Information